1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/35th Scale Russian Army Scout

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys!

Here is my latest 1/35th scale sculpt. The past few days I have been doing a complete Step By Step over on Timelines forum of the sculpting of this figure. Here is the finished piece, but if you would like to view the complete SBS click HERE

Here are the parts of the figure.

[IMG]

And various views of the finished sculpt.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And finally a picture of the two 1/35th Scale Russian Army Scouts together.

[IMG]
  2. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi Anders
    your SBS is really interresting
    ... and your work too ;)
    bravo i like it very much
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work Anders. Cleansculpting and nice details. Ypur SBS is very useful also . Thanks for sharing
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work Anders!
    christos
  5. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    nice one mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. LCoote New Member

Australia
    G'day Anders, That's some nice work mate, you've really come a long way!

Leigh
  7. arthur Member

Canada
    Anders,
    A great pair of "Ivan's" ;)
    Beautiful sculpting job.
    One thing that I would suggest is to change the weapons,... trigger guards and barrel shrouds on the Ppsh's look a bit heavy for the scale.
    IMHO they take away a bit from the superb detail work of your figures.
    Cheers,
    A.
  8. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Anders.....
    I have see all yours progress.... compliments you have realized one good job... good the folds and the yield of the materials.
    If I can give a council...... You control the measure of the legs respect the arms seem a little short (it see more in the soldier with the boots)
    However it is one good job.

Saluti MAB :)
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

It was a fun project and eventhough they are simple figures they offer up some interesting challenges such as the padded jacket. Hopefully the next time it will go smoother!

Arthur, I'll beef up the weapons a bit! Thanks for pointing it out.

Maurizio,

Looking back I see what you mean! I guess he will have to be one of those shorter Russians with short legs and long torso :)
  10. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    it is Possible :D
  11. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Anders,

Thanks for sharing the SBS, learnt something new again.Very nice work indeed, always welcome more Russians...
  12. Zlobov*S Active Member

Hi Anders!
    It is very interesting to look SBS. Very much did not expect to see a good sculpture of Russian soldiers is pleasantly;-). I served in army, and 1,5 years in Germany - I too had such winter clothes, she{it} refers to at us "jersey" (fufayka)! Likely it for all world is considered Russian national clothes-:)))))) you have very well shown in a sculpture the invoice{texture} of "jersey", are very similar on present{true}!
    Yours faithfully!
    Your colleague Zlobov Sergey.
  13. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Anders,
    Your SBS is excellent and inspiring. The resulting figures are wonderfully life-like and natural.

Thanks for the post and link.

Ray
  14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

Im glad you like it!

I too like Russian figures, you can make them really weathered wich I like. Its also amazing what these guys went through during the war from fighting the Germans and their own commisars...not much mercy for the Russians from either side.

I will do some Stalingrad Russians sometime in the future, my favourite battle!