1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/35th / 54mm roadside shrines ??

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by lolok, Apr 17, 2011.

1. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Been asked to make a typical Polish roadside scene with several older ladies and children decorating a roadside shrine dedicated as always to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
    I'm Ok for the figures,particularly with the recent release of Masterbox Eastern and Western Europe peasants..A horsedrawn cart,various animals etc...
    All I need is nice flamboyant shrine...I have seen quite a few here in the reviews forum but of course when I need one I can't remember any particular manufacturer.
    I did have the simple Verlinden ones from years ago but they went into a Warsaw Uprising dio I did for the museum here in Wawa Centrum...Well worth a visit if you ever get here to Poland :)
    Any help would be appreciated (y)
  2. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Is this for a specific era Jim ?
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  5. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi people....
    Well, Gordy, I was thinking late 40's to late 50's when all Polish people really had was faith..
    Even today around Mary's day the shrines are painted,decorated and draped with bunting and fresh flowers...
    I think the general form has not changed much for centuries..
    Thanks Carl, I see your a Cheshire man . I was one a couple of Millenia ago..Sister still there in Ellesmere Port but when they messed with the county borders Cheshire shrank a bit ??I do like the MK35 one..add some bunting,flowers.Maybe a little fencing..The juices are flowing :)
    Last night I did a deeper search here and found a couple of nice shrines made by "'REALITY IN SCALE'
    Thanks again for the knowledgeable input as usual..
    More strenght to your elbows.
  6. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Sure that Plus model do one and Reality in Scale are bound to aswell.

Barrie.
  7. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Good Evening gentlemen..
    Thanks muchly for the suggestions..I do like the MK35.... "MARY" statue.
    As usual for me, a problem...She costs 8.50 euro but minimum purchase of 15.00..I do hate that AND the create an account nonsense.
    I want to buy one thing and will probably never return there again yet you have to jump through hoops...
    Does anyone know if MK35 are available elsewhere ???
  8. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    Hi there, you can look here, there are a bunch to choose from. Also many war monuments.

http://www.tigerdio.com/ProductList...hp?Category=TigerWerke&Era=DioramaAccessories

Cheers,

Jose

9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
  11. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks to everyone for great suggestions...
    My wife (Good Polish Girl (y) ) decided for me !! The very nice Maria with base surround from MK35..She says it is based on the Fatima Maria ??
    I bow to her knowledge but it looks more flamboyant and showy.
    What I was looking for...
    I think I have been here too long !!! My English spelling seems to be falling away or just old age creeping in :)))))
    Many thanks again to all Planeteers..
    James Ryan Esq....