1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/35 Verlinden Volkssturm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kimmo, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Kimmo A Fixture

Another quick turnaround project. Found this chap in the stash and thought he'd make a good candidate for a quick project and complete the unintentional law enforcement trifecta. Nothing much to say about the figure other than it is well molded and sculpted, I replaced the head as his was missing. I found a suitably aged and weary face in the Hornet pile and a hat in the spares box, the rifle had to be sourced too. I think he's closer to 1/32 as is the case with many of the Verlinden offerings. In any event, he went together trouble free, I did have to add pins to the legs to make sure they stay put. A quick base from a 50mm disk, foam, wine cork and debris from my container or dust and rubble. Don't throw away dust, shavings etc, sweep them up into a container.

P8042918.JPG

P8042919.JPG

P8042920.JPG

P8042921.JPG

P8042922.JPG

I got everything primed and managed an initial session.

P8042923.JPG

P8042924.JPG

P8042925.JPG

P8042926.JPG

P8042927.JPG

Loads of fun left.

Kimmo
    Bookman, razor, imberador and 6 others like this.
  2. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    lovely start... your becoming a production line...
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

Great idea for a figure subject interesting he has a police gorget around the neck

Following as always ...don't go too fast I might miss it !

Happy benchtime

Nap
  4. NigelR A Fixture

Very nice, and also very quick! I admire both your modelling and your speed....:)
  5. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Warren, Nap and Nigel!

Sometimes things just fall together with minimum fuss, waiting for the PVA glue to dry on the base took the longest. Nap, it is quite unusual for the gorget, but I'm assuming there is some evidence for this out there somewhere. The last weeks and days must have been anything and everything goes, whether it made sense or not.

Another session in, starting to shape up nicely.

P8052928.JPG

P8052929.JPG

P8052930.JPG

P8052931.JPG

P8052932.JPG

Time to start picking out details, the armband should be loads of fun, and to age the face a bit.

Kimmo
    Ferris and Martin64 like this.
  6. Kimmo A Fixture

Another bit of progress, the head and details are mostly done save for the armband.

P8062933.JPG

P8062934.JPG

P8062935.JPG

P8062936.JPG

P8062937.JPG

The base has been started on as well.

P8062938.JPG

P8062939.JPG

And a test fit

P8062940.JPG

P8062941.JPG

P8062942.JPG

I'm trying to get a slightly darker vibe than what I normally do, nothing terrible happy about this scene so the purple undertones are helping to set the mood. I'll go over the colours in the next update.

Kimmo
  7. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent work...
  8. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Warren!

Didn't get as much done yesterday as I would have liked, but I think today's session is a wrap.The lettering on the armband should be in two rows, but it wouldn't really fit. References show a few different variations, so we can pretend this was another one.

P8082943.JPG

P8082944.JPG

P8082945.JPG

P8082946.JPG

P8082947.JPG

The photos are a touch overexposed, there should be more purple coming through. Hopefully the good photos will better show that. Speaking of purple, the colours and my messy palette.

P8082948.JPG

P8082949.JPG

P8082950.JPG

P8082951.JPG

P8082952.JPG

P8082953.JPG

Quite a bit of glazing and heavy washes for tones. I used the Rosemary series 22 #1 again. It points well enough to do the chicken scratch on the armband. I cannot recommend the Nocturna Malefic Flesh set enough, it is very versatile and you get colours you won't find in Vallejo's ranges. They have quite a few sets now, all worth looking at.

I'll have a look at this again tomorrow and see if anything needs doing, then take good photos.

Kimmo
    Nap likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Kimmo

Catching up with you on this , the armband looks good ...hope you spelt it right .....lol

As you say not a happy scene , but very much of the time in a good setting

Cheers for the colours

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  10. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Nap! I think my high-school German finally paid off...

Made a few minor touches and got good photos taken, a gallery can be found here.

A teaser

11.JPG

Thanks to everyone who commented and followed along.

Kimmo
    Nap likes this.
  11. rustyratliff Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kimmo,

Very well done. I too have this figure it is well sculpted and the casting is great. I agree it is a little large.

Rusty
    Nap likes this.
  12. Kimmo A Fixture

Cheers Rusty!

Kimmo