1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 1/35 Russian Assault Troops

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sam b, Nov 9, 2012.

1. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all, long time no post. This my second finished piece since Euro ..... Im a huge fan of Darius Miniature and this wedge is no exception. I had an idea of the figures I wanted to use the minute I saw it, I use warrior Russian Assault troops. I changed a head and the pose of the top figure slightly and put a PPsh41 in the hand of the lower one. I painted in Vallejo and Life colour acrylic with a lot of air brushing and I've started using a retarder in the mix to prolong working time of the paint and now I'm painting up from the shadows. Anyway I hope you like it, please feel free to comment. Thanks Sam Brayne
    russ1.jpg russ3.jpg russ5.jpg russ6.jpg russ2.jpg russ4.jpg russ6 (2).jpg
  2. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent. Lovely little scene. Really need to get my hand on some of these wedges.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice Sam, I like the dynamism and tension of the vignette.

Pedro
  4. Einion Well-Known Member

Those figures work great with the wedgie, nice choice. On the painting I think the tank looks pretty great overall; I think the figures could do with a bit more highlighting though, more shadowing on the uniforms wouldn't hurt either. It also looks obvious in a few spots that you've worked up from the darks (show-through); working from the midtone in both directions as is more common does help prevent this.

On the construction, the only thing that I think is immediately obvious is that sort of double edge on the rear face where the plastic card (?) doesn't quite blend seamlessly with the corner of the resin casting, I know it's not visible from the front view but it really stands out when you spot it.

Einion
  5. Martin Vlcek Active Member

Czech-Republic
    super
    pmfs likes this.
  6. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comment gent :)
    Einion thanks for the heads up Ill take what you said on board ..
    sam
  7. DarioZ Member

Great idea!
    Super composition, congratulations!

Regards
    Darek
  8. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Sam how's it goin ? Good to see you posting your works, this looks great ! I also have this piece on my bench ready to start ... The figures you chose fit this tight little scene really well ! The composition with the classic three levels is a good call buddy !

Nice one Sam

Carl
  9. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Great work - i like it !

Hendryk
  10. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Derek thanks for your comment glad you like it

Cheers Carlos , will your be Russian front loads of snow n cold Germans ?:whistle: Its a great kit though mate you'll lots of fun with it .
    sam
  11. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Hendryk (y)
  12. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Sam ... You know me to well brotha ! ; ) I love Dareks wedgies !
  13. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Sam, Great vignette with your T34 wedgie. The painting of the figures and tank look fantastic. Regards, SG(y)
  14. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Sam.
  15. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
    A very original work, and I love looking, looking and looking at these works.
    Congratulations!
  16. Ferris A Fixture

Like it a lot. I think the composition with the different levels is really well done!
    Cheers,
    Adrian
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great little scene Sam (y)

Ron
  18. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi sam,great work again on this latest work,always look forward to seeing your vignettes and this one is another beauty,congratulations mate (y)

Brian
  19. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks everyone for your comments they are much appreciated :) sam