1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/35 grenadier vignette

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Jack10, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jack10 Active Member

I'd say this is my best figure work to date so fire away with any useful criticism/comments cheers...

IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3746.JPG IMG_3751.JPG IMG_3757.JPG IMG_3759.JPG
    Tony Dawe, JonH, Joe55 and 3 others like this.
  2. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    The whole scene I like, maybe a little dirt on the posters would give more realism.
    Jack10 likes this.
  3. Jack10 Active Member

Good point I think I'll do that when I'm next at the bench cheers
  4. Matt McGrath Member

United-States
    I think it's very good. I do second adding some dirt to the sign. Perhaps some thing muddy flicked off of a toothbrush to simulate road spray?
    The camo is well done.
    Jack10 likes this.
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    The only thing I see that detracts from your efforts, are the mold seams on the left hand and on the warhead of the panzerfaust. Make it a habit of focusing on basic modeling before you even start with painting. Clean up mold seams/lines, filling, sanding, general assembly, etc.. Periodically inspect your work. After a while it will be second nature. Other than that, you've done a really good job, especially on the cammo pattern and the use of appropriate colors.

Overall, you've got a pretty cool looking scene (y)!

Joe
    Jack10 likes this.
  6. Jack10 Active Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do try take a lot of time tidying up and cleaning seam lines before painting but I always manage to miss some. Only started the hobby last July so I'm sure with more time and practice I can master that area. Hands seem to be the hardest to tidy up I've snapped a few of my figures fingers while trying to remove Seam lines in the past. Cheers again for the comments
    JonH and Joe55 like this.
  7. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Just this passed July?!

No doubt about it, you're doing pretty good. If you don't already have them, get yourself a set of fine needle files and that will do the trick. You are working on a pretty small scale and sometimes those defects are hard to see. Your pictures above are really enlarged and thus merciless :eek:!

Joe
    Jack10 likes this.