1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/35 Brit Para wip

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jul 18, 2008.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    This is my first attempt at painting camo so any hint and tips gratefully accepted :)

Roger.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. WPS Member

Netherlands
    Roger,

this camo is a tricky one and difficult to get right for the smock has 5 different colors in it.
    a yellow, light green, dark green, brown and black.
    the exact names for those tones I don't know.
    I will ask my colleague for he has a big british airborne collection and has done lots of research on operation Market Garden.
    For his collection see
    http://www.tommy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2779
    I'm sorry this is all in dutch but you can see the pics.

If you want to get some painting tips look at gino poppe
    http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23864&highlight=british para
    He has done both of Alexander Miniatures british para's and they are now their standard picture.

I hope this is of help to you.

Groeten Willem
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Willem and thanks for the links. I have actually been paying close attention to Gino's paras:)

More photo's soon.

Roger
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Roger,

I think you've made a very good start and the colours you're using for the camo look spot on. I'd like to see a little more definition between the colours to highlight the patterns. It looks a bit blurred together for my liking, but then again that's what camoflague is designedto do, isn't it!! Keep going mate.

Cheers
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Updated pics

Cheers Tony, you should be able to see an improvement in the definition in this new set of photo's, hopefully:D

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. georges64 Member

France
    Really good start my friend! Go on!!
    Best regards

georges.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Georges, hey! I thought you were at work:D

Roger
  8. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi roger,
    what happened ? you discovered WWII last week ? :D

however nice start, it's true that painting a denison smoke is not the easier but this camo is one of my favorite.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Seb. Maybe I have more suprises up my sleeve:D

Roger