1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1:35 Australian infantry APPEAL

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Chas Young, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Hi everyone,

On Historicus Forma, I am running a petition-style thread appealing to Master Box Ltd. to release a set of 1:35 Australian infantry (Pacific Theatre) in plastic. The thread has been running about two days and has already received a significant amount of support.

If YOU would like to see a kit devoted to this subject, please visit this link and post a reply.

http://hfmodeling.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=124319&page=1

If you do not have a Kitmaker account, feel free to post your replies here.

Best Regards,
    Chas Young

(I hope I am posting this thread in the right place).
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    You have my support. Aussies are under represented and ANYTHING not German, Northwest Europe is welcome as far as I am concerned.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Charlie,

Great initiative mate. Yeah, more Pacific Theatre Aussie's please, I'll certainly buy them.

C'mon all you Aussie's on Planet Figure, get behind Charlie and join his petition.
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Chas !
    I'm keen ! Put my name down for the final count too ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  5. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Thanks for the support. Soon I will email Master Box letting them know of the petition.

I'll keep you all updated.

Chas
  6. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Hi all,

The petition will run for another week or so before I send the proposal off to MB. Make sure you get your names down and post some reference material!

Chas
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Charlie,

What a great opportunity to make a set of Aussie figures that can be interchangeable between WW1 and WW2.:cool::cool::cool:

Uniforms and weapons used by Aussie troops in both world wars were very similar.;););).

The most obvious differences are the ammuninition pouches and puttee leggings and some of the weapons (Owen, Bren, Lewis).

The similarities are the slouch hat, steel helmet, shirt, webbing straps, belt, shorts, trousers, boots and most importantly the "look of the Digger".:cool:

Charlie, we may only get one shot at this mate. :D:D:D

Ask them make an extra sprue with a variety of WW1 and WW2 weapons (Lewis, Owen, Lee Enfield .303, Vickers 303 Machine Gun), WW1 & WW2 ammunition pouches, legs with puttees and with AIF gaiters and a range of slouch hats.

C'mon Planeteers, if there's a demand for this, if you'd buy it in your local hobby store, then sign Charlie's petition,please and make your voice heard to Master Box, and any other manufacturers out there on Planet Figure.

Attached Files:

8. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    haven't put my name to this as of yet, but you can count me in, very tiresome seeing germans and russians being produced all the time, anyone would think the war was only fought in eastern europe..........it was a global conflict after all.

good luck with the petition Chas
  9. specmod Active Member

Australia
    You can also count me in for that one, how about some modern infantry OIF sounds good, theyre over there doing a tough job, its a small tiny tribute to them, they deserve it, so do all soldiers that have served.
    Andrew
  10. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Tony, thanks for posting all those photos, they'll go in the file I'll be sending along with the proposal. Regarding extra equipment and weapons, from what I've seen so far, MB doesn't usually include many extra parts but I will definitely mention it when I get in contact. Thanks Ian and Andrew for getting your names down.

Chas
  11. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Proposal sent

The proposal has been sent to MB, awaiting reply.

You can still post your name or pictures up as MB may now be watching!

Chas
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Great News, Chas !

Hi Chas !
    Thanks for taking the effort to get some other combatants produced in kit form ;) ! From some of the WIP images that MB is sending to Armorama to be highlighted, the chances of the Aussies being produced seems very high. I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed on this one, mate :D:D:D ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :).
  13. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Your welcome Kenneth. It has been a fun experience, and I have learned a lot about the Aussies along the way.

My fingers are glued crossed!

Chas
  14. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Good news!

Good news, Jim Rae has just alerted me that the Master Box team have received the proposal documents and have looked through them and '...found a great lot of interesting and useful information.' They have also indicated that '...this matter is worth considering and thinking over thoroughly.'

Unfortunately, Jim and I cannot pass on a definite verdict just yet as the company's director, Alexander, is currently away on holiday. As soon as he is at work again, MB have promised to '...consider and discuss this matter...' and get back to us, hopefully with a positive answer!

Fingers, toes, eyes crossed!

Chas
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done Charlie, you've managed to get them to listen to you, which is a major accomplishment in itself. I hope they decide to procede with your suggestion, and if they don't, I hope some other enterprising manufacturer does. Kudos to you.
  16. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    i can't believe i missed this thread. If it's not too late can i still apply for the petition? It would be nice to see some Australian soldiers because we did play a part in the war but i think over time we are getting more recognised in modelling (in general with tanks and planes etc) and i hope that the next step for Aussie stuff is figures.

It would be great if you could conviently get one and then just paint it like the German, Russian and US stuff they have out there. Good luck on this and i will try to apply ;)

Daniel
  17. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Hi Tony,

Thanks mate, it is really nice to receive these compliments from you.

To Daniel and everyone else who may want to add their names to the petition,

It is not too late! The petition/proposal will run until the day the kit is announced, however distant that day may be! Keep up the interest to let MB know we really want the kit!

Chas
  18. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    We are due to hear back from Masterbox's director very soon, so keep up the interest and let's see if we can reach 50 names!

Chas
  19. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Still...waiting on a reply. Hopefully the team at MB are in deep discussion, and a positive outcome will eventually result. So, there isn't much left to do except sit around, make a noise, have a barbie, laid-back-summer-day-Aussie-style and wait...
  20. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Charlie,

Hang in there mate. I picked up Dragon's latest 1/35th Commonwealth Infantry kit the other day, and its pretty disappointing. More than ever I want MB to give this petition serious consideration.