1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/20 Prussian LeibGendarmerie bust conversion

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Filipe, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Hi guys,

This is a old Tradition of London 90mm figure that I cut in half and made as a "mini-bust". I have three of those old ones, and they are a little poor on the details, compared to the modern figures. So, I was a little demotivated in painting it, but since there is no other option of large scale/bust with this very cool helmet (hey, Mike Cramer :D), my solution was to transform it into a mini-bust.

Considering the level of detail and age of the figure, I think that the result is quite satisfactory.

Vallejo acrylics for the face and uniform, Humbrol enamel for the metals, oils for the metallic fabrics, Ammo washes for last touches

Feel free to make comments, critics and suggestions. The 10 cent Real coin is about the same size of a 10 cent Euro coin.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Phater Active Member

United-States
    Nice job on this oldie. Great idea to convert it. I’m in complete agreement that we could use more of these kinds of subjects from our contemporary sculpters. I vote for some Imperial German and Franco-Prussian war German subject busts.
    Tom
    napoleonpeart, Oda and billyturnip like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Really nice job, I had an idea how I was going to comment after looking at your post Filipe, scrolled down and Tom had already said it. :LOL:
    I've always liked this uniform since seeing it in the little Blandford book Uniforms of World War One.
    Oda likes this.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Great work

Mobo
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Filipe

Nice conversion there ...I like the Tradition figures , saw a catalogue of all painted up ...remember those red lips!! of course they have less details compared to today's but a good result

Mmmmmm.........definately lots of subjects , I have a fantastic book on helmets .....my mind is thinking

Thanks for sharing

Nap