1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1/16th US Tanker

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by misfit151, Jan 13, 2023.

1. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi all hope you are all ok.

Just a quick post ...I was working on this plastic kit over the Christmas and New year period. I haven't done a plastic kit for donkeys years and my how they have improved.

It's a release from Andy's Hobbies in conjunction with Takom . It's in 1/16th scale intended to accompany the recent wave of 1/16th tanks and vehicles.

It was a real pleasure to construct , the fit of the parts is unbelievable with very little clean up once the cement has set... I've primed it and added some communications wiring to the helmet.

More will be added once painted. The kit even comes with lenses for the goggles, uniform insignia decals and a brass etched piece for the microphone hand set. wow

all the best Mike

IMG_6673.JPG IMG_6674.JPG
    China Dave, Zim, Redcap and 7 others like this.
  2. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good to hear that plastic kits are becoming much better, I haven't looked at one for about 30 years but it's where most of us old gits started way before the resin revolution, following your progress with interest and are you planning to add a AFV or go the easy route and settle for a bit of fence (y)
    TERRY
    MattMcK. likes this.
  3. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Amazing, somebody got the hint and actually worked in a plastic fig in this scale, smart. Standing by to stand by;)
    Hammond_Lord and Nap like this.
  4. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    It actually comes with the AHHQ Sherman kit and is sold separately as well. I hope we see more, either plastic or resin, to man the Shermans, Pershings and Stuarts.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mike

Great to see you posting , the figure certainly looks very good indeed even just in a primed state

Nice add ons that are included in the box as well

Following with interest

Look forward to seeing more updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
  6. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi Terry like me I cut my teeth on plastic kits...this one is great....I bought myself the 1/16th jeep from Takom and hopefully I'd like the 1/16th Stuart....cheers Mike
  7. misfit151 A Fixture

Many thanks Steve hope to get painting soon. (y). Mike
  8. misfit151 A Fixture

Nice one Jason many thanks. (y). Mike
  9. misfit151 A Fixture

Thanks Kev such a load of good stuff to do....(y). Mike
    Nap likes this.
  10. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Babelfish, China Dave and JasonB like this.
  11. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I had not. Nice! Will have.
    engeee likes this.
  12. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Those SOL figures look great. Nice relaxed poses with a "tanker cool" vibe going on.

Jeff Shiu also does a set. Billed as a "Stuart" crew but I don't see any reason why they can't be repurposed for a Sherman or whatever.

http://jeffshiu.lsft.com/product155.html.

- Steve
  13. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Steve,
    If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Shiu also does a set of US Infantry riders for the Sherman - and I believe that set includes a tank crewman as well.
    Also in a very relaxed pose if I recall correctly.

Steve
    Nap and Babelfish like this.