1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/16 Tito's partisan 1944 (please help)

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by pokrad, Jul 15, 2012.

1. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Preparing the head:

[IMG]

head casted and cleaned up:

[IMG]

Preparing the body:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

making buttons:
    [IMG]

and now I'm here:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Watter bottle and mauser are not my work but from Verlinden. Basically it should be captured german M40 unifrom. Still lot of cleanup needed but now I'm in dilema. Should I go with textured surface (like tunic) or shoud the surface be smooth like trowsers ? In the pictures I see the texture very well, but I do not know if the sligltly rough surface would be problem for the painter ??? Any advice apreciated ;)
    Steve likes this.
  2. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi Darko,
    This one is superb, I really like it, good job my friend!
    I would recon 3 things, to reduce the foot size, reduce the magnitude of the chest/shoulders and more volume on the pants, specially between the legs.
    the head looks really good and I like the pose as well, keep the good Darko!
    cheers
  3. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thank You my friend, Your observations are always useful !
  4. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    if you are going to produce this as a commercial kit then keep it as simple as possible.
  5. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Darko,

I am in a drawing mood :)
    The suggestions from Antonio are already drawn and I also have a few.

[IMG]

Loosen up the shirt a bit, adjust some wrinkles in it and define some stress in the fabric caused by the buttons.
    Personally I would put his left arm in his side or look for balanced posture.
    The trousers, let them fold a bit above the bootsection.

good luck!

René
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    @diamond cutter - thx man, also got feedback from some figure painters and they agree with you - texture can always be "simulated" by the paint, and rough surface could only complicate the painting - so it will be a smooth surface.

@Rene - Agree about the left hand. You suggest more mass on wrinkles above the booth, and this is also good point, especially now when I did took in consideration Antonio's suggestions and put some more mass on upper legs.
    Good sketch BTW, man you really love to draw don't You ? :)

Regards !
  7. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    yeah, like to draw....

man, your shirt looks stiff, make this fabric look more thin as it is now and manipulate some wrinkles and stress points.
    When you do adjust the volume of the trousers, put some extra on underbelly section ( his cross), the jacket will drop more naturally. More rounding from sides of chest and sides and will look better,blouse a bit opened from beneath. The 5 buttons are more on top so why not?

for rifles I really must recommend Steve Readdie, his detail and volume in rifles is tremendously well and each of his weapons is an inspiration for a figure on its own.
  8. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Some corrections:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Illa likes this.
  9. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    The back is somehow "empty", so I'm testing with some sort of backback:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    bane3D likes this.
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darko,
    Nice to see someone producing a partisan figure, I like what you have done so far and the back pack certainly does not detract from your figure. Sorry can help with the sculpting side but you are in good hands anyway. I would agree with Rene save some time and hassle - Steve's weapons are superb. Look forward to your progress.
    cheers
    Richie