1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/16 Otto Skorzeny, Gran Sasso.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    100_0785.JPG 100_0786.JPG 100_0787.JPG

This is Dragon's 1/16 figure of Otto Skorzeny, depicted during the Gran Sasso raid, which released Mussolini from captivity.

person_skorzeny2.jpg
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Good painting on an interesting rascal. He was something.

Steve
    Babelfish likes this.
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Fantastic work again Peter

Mobo
  4. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Peter

Another nice piece of work from the bench is this kit had additions ?

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  5. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Steve - He was a very naughty boy. He was also behind the scheme that had Germans masquerading as US MPs in the Ardennes. A real toublemaker.

Mobo - Very many thanks my friend.

Nap - Cheers. This one is straight out of the box. I re-positioned the left arm to help try and improve the pose, but that's all.
    Nap and sd0324 like this.
  6. misfit151 A Fixture

Liking the uniform colour....(y). Super work Peter ......Mike
  7. Hiraminamoto Member

Japan
    Nice work

Hira
  8. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mike and Hira.
  9. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter

An old favourite and well presented and scarred too.

Lovely drapery with a limited palette, nice work.

I guess you must have covered most of the currently available figures of interest by now?

Perhaps you might try some of those figures that need more work to get them to paint?

Or back to the Dettol and attic?

Choices, choices!

AB work is as far away as ever, fitting blinds yesterday!

Have a good day with the new victim

Regards

Steve H
    Nap likes this.
  10. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Morning Steve

A so-so figure, but the limited palette was quite challenging, so a good painting exercise. I have a couple of Dragon fallschirmjagers to do, then I really do need to get into the attic - absolutely no funds for models on pain of death (or divorce at the very least).

Hanging blinds is something I need to do, but I'm far less committed to getting the DIY out of the way than you are. Good for you.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Okay here's a workaround: (1) Get a friend on board as a co-conspirator (2) Order model(s) of your choice and have it/them sent to his gaff (3) Buy a roll of raffle tickets (4) Next time you go to a show or even a club meet, stop by at your pal's, attach raffle ticket(s) to your prize(s) and drive home (5) Go into child-on-Christmas-morning mode as you excitedly announce to the wife "Look what I won in the raffle!" (6) ... and job's a good 'un. :ROFLMAO:

And I'm only half joking, I know of one guy who actually did that on a 1/16 King Tiger kit. :ROFLMAO:

As to the figure Peter, excellent job on what is as you say a so-so figure to elevate it up to another level. The shading & highlighting are spot on in making a potentially very boring uniform interesting.

- Steve
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  12. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Steve - Now there's a plan! Shared bank accounts put paid to that kind of thing I'm afraid. Glad you like this one.
    Babelfish likes this.