1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/16 Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    100_0734.JPG 100_0735.JPG 100_0733.JPG 100_0731.JPG

This is Tamiya's 1/16 Luftwaffe pilot, a kit I return to more frequently than any other - a good practice piece and always fun to do. This is the first time I've used one of the kit heads, this one being better than the portrait head of Adolf Galland.
  2. misfit151 A Fixture

It's absolutely amazing how these kits turn out in expert hands...first class Peter. (y). Mike
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Superb, beautiful again

Mobo
  4. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mike and Mobo. Appreciated.
  5. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Stunning work, as always....
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb Peter.(y)
  7. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter

Lovely work again and nice to see the kit head making an appearance.

Nice rendition of Galland too.

I have this one and a bust somewhere in the attic packed away, perhaps one day?

Looks like there are still plenty of figures for you to get stuck into still.

I guess they give better value for money time wise?

Boots and Wilko still seem to have the old fashioned Dettol listed?

Have a good day and joy your next victim.

Regards

Steve H
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Peter

This is a classic from Tamika ...one I painted for buts ....you have done a cracking job on this , like the whole overall look of him and agree ref using the head ..unusual for you ...lol

SWMBO dragged me shoping and I noticed they had Dettol available at a large Tesco

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  9. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Warren - Many thanks.

Carl - Thank you.

Steve - Yes, the kit head, whatever next? Always enjoyed doing this one, very simple, but a well-sculpted figure. The Dettol hunt continues - it seems that the local shops do normally stock it, but for some reason can't get hold of it at the moment - Kent is at the limit of the supply chains. A couple of busts next while the hunt continues. Hope you get some bench time soon.

Nap - I thought I'd give the kit heads a go figuring they couldn't be that bad - hmm. We're going to Morrisons today, so fingers crossed they're re-stocked on the brown stuff. Glad you like this one.
    Mike - The Kiwi and Nap like this.