1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1/16 Leningrad 1944 "bear Trap"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dr Force, Jan 13, 2013.

1. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Nice! One of these days I will get around to one of my Trumpy T-34's.
    Gotta put something under those tracks to "activate" the suspension a bit, would make it even more dynamic.
    Dr Force likes this.
  2. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    amazing work
    Dr Force likes this.
  3. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Alrighty then, slap me for bein tardy and not seeing this sooner Dave. Another killer project packed with intense detail and brutal reality. Once again you never fail to add the bits and pieces that often go unnoticed to bring the dio to life, Yehaaaaaaaa.. And......Large Scale Baby! Lovin this one Brother, got it bookmarked and standing by for more.

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. There's a few bucks in this dio I'll bet.
    Dr Force likes this.
  4. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Guys, thanks to each and everyone of you for taking the time to post, i am sorry i am not as active but as previously stated, i am bloghing an another site but will keep updating once i have something meaningful.

Steve, great to hear from you buddy, welcome aboard, i always appreciate your input.

As for cost.................... In total with figures, T34,metal tracks, cork, base etc, i would say around £400!
  5. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beauty, not too bad cost wise. Keep er rollin Bro.

Cheers, Ski.
  6. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All

A quick update! I have made some more additions to the groundwork which will be completed once the building is painted...there will be a ton more pipes, metal, rubble, wire etc but added at a later date.
    I have also added the primary coat for the building and will now concentrate on painting each individual brick with different tones/hues etc:-

The windows will be sandstone and I am yet to add some chunky bits of broken wall, but I can now don the paint brushes!!!!!!!!!!!!

tu1.jpg tu3.jpg col1.jpg col2.jpg col3.jpg
  7. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is going to be spectacular when it's finished! Masterful work so far.

Gary
    Dr Force likes this.
  8. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Hey Dave,
    Which metal tracks did you use for the T-34? I have been looking at getting some sets for mine, but couldn't decide which ones to go with
    Cheers
    Jason
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    The scene you've created is un-freaking-believable!!! Even the detail on the backside of the base :nailbiting: WOW

I don't think I've seen a more realistic bit of model architecture as this... I'll be following closely

Colin
    Dr Force likes this.
  10. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  11. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    quick update, just started to add the variable brick tones to the walls and I have also added some variable colours to the groundwork. Once I have added a further two types of tone, I will then use a sponge to add texture, followed by a coat of varnish and finally, wash in the in the mortar!! pain.jpg pain2.jpg pain1.jpg
    GARRY, JEF and ChaosCossack like this.
  12. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  13. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    So real it's unreal:woot:
  14. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks to you all.

A quick update as the paint goes on:-

Attached Files:

15. Tutilo17 PlanetFigure Supporter

Switzerland
    That's truly incredible what you are doing here. You got my admiration...

By the way where do you go with your huge dioramas. There must be a fair bit of space at your place..

Keep up the great work!
    Stefan
  16. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Colors are dialing in well Dave, beauty as always!

Cheers, Ski.
  17. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A further update, i have finished painting the external building, but will continue to add to the groundwork and obviously add the damaged roof structure. I have also devided on composition as per pics below:-

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    GARRY, JEF, Lew J and 1 other person like this.
  18. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Nice!
    I love the guy in the tank, and using the Jeff Shui figure climbing on the back really uses that pose well. When I first saw the figure thats how I pictured him being used , climbing over or on to something,perfect for your scene. Will be looking forward to seeing more
    Cheers
    Jason
  19. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    WOW... I'm completely blown away by the detail and realism of the the building and groundwork. With the figures in, I'm getting a feel of where this story is going. VERY COOL!!!!!
    Waiting for the figs to get some colour. When do you feel for completion.... sometime in 2015?;)

Colin
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave, well mate, what can one say to work of that standard, that hasn't already been said. Huge respect for your skills and, not a little envy. Will look forward to next update.

PS....I did message you several times on the other site......get the feeling you didn't get them!

Regards

Ron