1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/16 German Officer, 1WW

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    100_0859.JPG 100_0860.JPG 100_0861.JPG 100_0862.JPG

This is my final figure based on the Miniart Flying Ace series. The kit depicts Ernst Udet, but as he is dressed in the uniform of the Wurtemmberg Reserve Division, I decided to depict a generic officer from that unit.

l_16030_ernst_udet.jpg

As you, can see, I made fewer changes with this one; just the head, shoulder boards, and the addition of a couple of items of equipment.

For what it's worth, here are the three figures together:

100_0858.JPG
  2. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great piece of work again Peter.(y)
  3. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Peter another fine example of what you can do with Miniart and that's a nice group of WW1 figures the you have there.
    TERRY
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Looking great and very nice paintwork

Mobo
  5. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Peter

Another good paint , like the colour variation on him

The 3 look really good together , show well what can be achieved by converting ......well worth clicking on image to view larger

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to next

Happy benchtime

Nap
  6. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    This wee fellow has a certain look about him Peter with that glance up to the left. Pose is nicely pulled of and looks very casual with open water bottle. Really like it!
    What head did you use in this chap mate?
    MikeTheKiwi
  7. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks chaps. Glad you like him.

Mike - Interesting that you've picked up on his diminutive stature, which proves that Miniart have managed to convey the fact that Udet was 5'3'' and actually below the minimum height required for enlistment. The kit head was pretty poor, with the mould seam running down the middle of the face, so this is by Dragon with an Eduard cap. The right hand and water bottle is by CGS and there are also Verlinden and Tamiya parts.
    Andrew Belsey, Nap and Chris Oldfield like this.
  8. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter

Quite a trio of conversions and well painted with some excellent head swaps too.

What will be next on the bench, more figures or busts?

Hope your weather problems get sorted soon and you still have plenty of spares to enhance your next piece.

Off for my booster jab this morning, so I'll be set for the next 6 months.

Have a good weekend

Regards

Steve H
  9. misfit151 A Fixture

A terrific collection to be proud of Peter.....(y). Mike
  10. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Steve - Morning. I really enjoyed working on this trio - always a challenge using cheap plastic kits. I am going to work on a Mitches bust next, though the amount of clean-up required has been a bit disheartening. Happy booster!

Mike - Many thanks.
    Nap likes this.
  11. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely trio Peter! Great to see these conversions of yours done so well.
    Andy