1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wanting to Buy 1/16 German MP-40's

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by engeee, Dec 3, 2018.

1. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Okay...I've never really put that much thought into this before, but when building a group of figures it seems that if they are all holding the same weapons - the weapons should match in size (detail, etc.).

Am I missing it or where can I purchase multiple 120mm German WWII Mp40's with the folding stock being provided so it can be extended or folded? There seem to be many weapons out there for purchase but I can't seem to find this typical weapon (or the stock is molded, folded). I think there is an extended one included in one of the Tamiya plastic figure releases and I also believe Stanlingrad offers one in a couple of their figure kits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping I simply missed it and someone has already made it and offers this weapon for sale.

Please let me know...I'd like to find 3 or 4...

Thank you,
    Steve

engeee@aol.com
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  3. Tubby-Nuts2 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  4. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
  5. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Ian,
    All of those and what I’ve seen on Shapeways, have the stock molded as collapsed. No option of having it extended.
    Thank you though,
    Steve
  6. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Look for suitable Dragon 1/16 figures . The excellent plastic version of the MP 40 has the stock separate with the option to show it folded / unfolded.

Cheers, Martin
    Dragon German Panzerjäger.jpg
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  8. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Are you sure about that?

I selected those x3 examples as they don't appear to have the stocks folded, or are my eyes shot...

They don't appear to be overly detailed and you'll need to construct your own stocks but their fairly cheap.
  9. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Ian,
    My bad too... they don’t look to have any stocks at all.
    When I didn’t see parts for a stock (at a glance), I wrongly assumed they were folded.

It’s just interesting that such a common weapon isn’t readily available. I don’t think it was ever in a Dragon weapons set either only in the figure kits. Multiples could get spendy!

Steve
    1969 likes this.
  10. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,

Your right, i can't seem to find any examples in 1/16 or 120mm on Shapeways but oddly there is for 1/18 action figures..

And strangely the Dragon weapons and accessories kit didn't include an MP40 despite a couple of their figure kits containing one, you would think it would considering it was one of the most widely issued weapons to German forces during WWII.
    German Weapon Set (Dragon).JPG

I don't believe Steve Reedee produces an MP40 in 1/16 or 120mm at this time so i think your only option other than the white metal ones i mentioned is to acquire either the Tamiya or Dragon kits listed below as their fairly cheap and cast a couple for your diorama.
    • German Elite Infantryman (36303)
    • Signaler, Hermann Goering Div (DRA1608)
    • German Panzerjager (DRA1612)
    • Panzer Grenadier - Kharkov 1943 (DRA1613)
    • German Feldgendarme (DRA1618)
    • Obersturmfuhrer - Tokenkopf Division, Budapest 1945 (DRA1625)
    Regards Ian
    1969 likes this.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Possibly not (haven't checked his range in a while) but I do know that he is open to suggestions because some time ago I contacted him to suggest the M-16 and he then went and added it to his range. No guarantees of course, but the worst that can happen is that he says No! Also depends on how urgently you want one of course.

- Steve
    Tubby-Nuts2 and 1969 like this.
  12. Tubby-Nuts2 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    If Steve does some 120mm MP40’s, with extended stock. I’m all in for that. A nice little niche to fill, as no one else does them.

Mark.
    1969 likes this.
  13. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Me too!!
    1969 likes this.
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just caught up with this thread, I was looking at doing the MP40 in 1/16 just recently, why I haven't already done one I don't know as it was very widely used and would fit well into the range. I will make a start on it as soon as possible.

Steve how desperate are you, can you wait a little while ?

Steve
    Martin64, Babelfish and Tubby-Nuts2 like this.
  15. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
  16. Tubby-Nuts2 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That’s great news. It’ll fill a gap in the market that’s long been missed or passed over. I suppose it’s the fragility of the stock arms that may have put others off this venture.

Mark.
    1969 likes this.
  17. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That will be an issue but it is doable.

Steve
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  18. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Steve - That's great news! If I can make a suggestion? I'd release a set with 2 mp40 bodies and 2 stocks -a fully extend stock and a collapsed stock. Allowing us to make one of each. I'd personally steer clear of trying to have us fiddle with little parts to assemble the stocks themselves. Maybe include and extra magazine/clip or two? I feel they really could be a popular product.

But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

As far as timing...like everything else, it's one of many projects on the table with plenty to be done -so it's not super urgent but the sooner they are ready the better. Actually, I have many uses for them as I look at the shelves.

I hope we've combined to find a popular product the market could really use and an excellent solution.

Thank you all!
    Steve
    Tubby-Nuts2, Scotty and 1969 like this.
  19. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good idea regarding the stock and body separate, I will look at doing that and also spare mags if possible. Let me work on it, have already gathered the reference and printed scale templates so all good to go.

Steve
    Babelfish, Tubby-Nuts2 and Scotty like this.
  20. michael page New Member

Hi Steve,ive a stash of tamiya mp40s which i can help you with they came with the kubel kit and also they come on the sprue with the mg42 also with thier mg gunner 1/16,i can send you what i have i think ive half a dozen.i bought some oop kirin kubel figs from you a few years back which helped me so pm me your address and ill post them to you gratis it will only cost pennys to post ca
    ll it a xmas pressy,best regards mick
    1969, engeee and Woods457 like this.