1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review 1/16 German Bicycle

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by China Dave, Oct 12, 2022.

1. China Dave Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm a nut for 1/16 military stuff and one of the things that I've been hunting ages for was a WWII period bicycle.

A while back I found a seller on Ebay (I hope it's okay to advertise them?), 3dgizmo, they produce 3d printed add ons and figures in 1/16th, both WWII German and US, I bought a few things and was really happy with the price, quality and packaging, all very professional.
    Before I go any further, I don't get any freebies or commission from them.

I made an enquiry with them as to whether they could make me a bicycle, well they could and two German bicycles arrived with me this morning.

I've included some photos with a bike standing next to a figure from Classy Hobby and one next to a Nutsplanet figure.
    As we all know, different model companies that produce figures in 1/16th or 120mm seem to interpret the height differently, it makes it difficult or impossible to mix them in a diorama sometimes.
    At least I now that these bikes are compatible with at least two brands.

The picures show the bicycle as it arrived with me, I have done no clean up on it so far but it doesn't look like it's going to be a huge job.

I believe the bicycles will be included in their webstore this evening (12/10/22) and I think that they will be 20 pounds sterling each.
    Here's a link to the Ebay store, for those of you that might be interested -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/3dgizmo?...rd=20221008111448&segname=11051&ul_noapp=true

All the best,
    David

IMG_3267.JPG IMG_3270.JPG IMG_3271.JPG IMG_3273.JPG
    Nap and 1969 like this.
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  3. China Dave Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I hope they did good business there, I wish them all the best
    Nap likes this.
  4. Bundook Active Member

Scotland
    Are you going to replace the spokes with better in-scale ones? You'd need Schwarzenegger legs to pedal that thing.
  5. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Good to see a 1/16 bicycle, thanks for sharing..
  6. China Dave Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I agree, the spokes are truly heavyweight but replacing them with thinner brass rods would be a nightmare job.
    If the wheels were printed seperately it might be possible but as they are, the chances of me being able to do a good, clean job are remote.
    I've been working on it and I will post some photos of it painted very soon.
    Nap likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England

Look forward to seeing the photos Dave

3D Gizmo will be at BUGLE CALL on 27/11 in Nailsea

Have fun

Nap
  8. China Dave Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Okay, all done, for now.
    I have a figure on order that I'm hoping to wrangle into position so he's holding onto the bicycle.
    At a much later date I intend to build a Panzer III and the bike and trooper will be added to the final scene, I have in mind either titling it "Last one to Paris Buys the Drinks" or "The Hare and the Tortoise".
    So here are the photos, you can see just how oversized the spokes are, I have two bicycles, maybe on the second one I will be brave and attempt to respoke it.

IMG_E3304.JPG IMG_E3305.JPG IMG_E3306.JPG IMG_E3307.JPG IMG_E3308.JPG
  9. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    China Dave and Nap like this.