1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/16 Fallschirmjager Pair, Eben Emael, 1940

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    100_0824.JPG 100_0825.JPG 100_0826.JPG 100_0827.JPG 100_0829.JPG

This is a pair of Dragon 1/16 figures depicting fallschirmjagers. They are presented in their boxes as being in action in Jugoslavia and Monte Cassino respectively, but I decided to put them together and go for an early war scenario - Eben Emael, May 1940.

Apart from painting them as early war, I also swapped around the equipment a bit so that it fitted, and provided both with a pair of early side-lacing boots (adapted from Verlinden US tropical boots). I also gave them Verlinden rifles, as the Dragon ones looked a bit weedy.

I initially put them on a scenic base, but it overwhelmed the figures somewhat, so went instead for something plain. I may do something with the base in the future, but for now I prefer it.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Superb , fantastic figure and painted

Mobo
  3. misfit151 A Fixture

Stunning work Peter..... exceptional......(y) Mike
  4. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Mobo - Very many thanks.

Mike - Glad you approve. Thank you.
  5. Stepa Member

New_Zealand
    Great paintwork.

I think you have done a great job.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Peter.(y)
  7. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Stepa - Very many thanks.

Carl - Thanks also. Greatly appreciated.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Peter

Again you have done yourself proud on these figures , they work well together , like the way you think and move equipt around adding to the result

Fine fleshwork and uniform colour

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  9. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Funnily enough I was reading about the attack on Fort Eben Emael only yesterday, and then I see this! Another marvellous piece of work Peter, I wish I could knock out finished figures as fast as you do, and to such a high standard. I actually think that the plain base works really well with this pair, it chimes nicely with the colour pallet you've used.

- Steve
    Nap likes this.
  10. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nap - Thanks. I had fun with these two.

Steve - I'm pleased that you like them, and thanks for the thumbs up for the base.
    Babelfish and Nap like this.
  11. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter

Well worth the wait, lovely work and well painted with the early bone sacks.

Very well done.

Its a cold snap after the warm spell so watch the paints don't freeze on the palette!

What next?

Figure/s or bust, new or recycle?

Enjoy the new victim/s

Regards

Steve H
  12. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Steve.

I'm working on a Miniart conversion, hopefully becoming a trench-bound Uhlan. I also have a couple of busts in the stash, so they may follow. The cold snap is here, and with it very high winds - the conservatory is leaking again (next on the list for major household expenditure).

Have a good day.
    Nap likes this.
  13. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great looking paint work!
  14. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Peter they look excellent and the wee tweaks work well as per usual to make them your own, personally I think the groundwork places them in a realistic setting and opens up the opportunities to add some bits and bobs, should it be a ammo box, helmet, etc to add to the story but you are probably to busy painting these wonderful figures to worry about mixing PVA and cat litter etc.
    TERRY
  15. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Scott - Many thanks.

Terry - I did put them on a base, but used too much grass, which overwhelmed the figures. I will probably provide them with something in the future. Glad you like the figures.
  16. Hiraminamoto Member

Japan
    Master Level!

Hira
  17. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A very long way from master level Hira, but many thanks anyway.
  18. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Amother very nice pair Peter, and as usual, your little tweaks and changes make these somewhat bland figures so much beter. Excellent work.

For the base, if you want a flat and clean base, seeing as these are at Eben Emael, the roof of a concrete bunker seems the obvious setting ;). Flat, but with enough texture and weathering to make it interesting.
    Nap likes this.
  19. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Henk, and a good idea for the base - I'll bear it in mind.
  20. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent work Peter, as always. You have created a certain style which is unique to yourself and easily identifiable.. They do look good together, but ( no offence intended ) a scenic base would be my preferred option as it adds a sense of where they are..