1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/10th vive lempereur, col-burthe 4th hussars

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Brodie, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Graham A Fixture

England
    That looks painful :eek:
  2. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    To quote cpl jones "they don't like it up em, sir"
    Nap and Graham like this.
  3. Graham A Fixture

England
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Good updates on this , starting to come together now

Good pinning as well ...if perhaps painful

Happy benchtime

Nap
  5. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Glad I went with blending in the tail strap to the tail ring, instead of just leaving it as it was;

Resizer_16129776229060.jpg Resizer_16129776229061.jpg
    Started painting the hooves;

Resizer_16129776229062.jpg Resizer_16129776229064.jpg Resizer_16129776229065.jpg

Attached Files:

KenBoyle, NeilW, Perseas and 2 others like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Definately a good bit of putty working looks good with the tail in place

Nice work on the hooves as well

Thanks for updates ..your certainly getting there

Happy benchtime

Nap
  7. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow, you are jamming on this Steve, looks great!
  8. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Got the neck drilled to take the head pin and also drilled out the mounting hole on the cannon and dry fitted the horse to see how it will fit;

Resizer_16133301365600.jpg Resizer_16133301365601.jpg Resizer_16133301365602.jpg

Will need a smidgen of filler on the neck line but a bit more on the throat join, no biggies though

Resizer_16133301365603.jpg
    Resizer_16133301365604.jpg

Not sure on the base yet, whether to leave as two separate pieces , join them together with some putty and if to fill in the cast texture and add my own grass and mud. Cast texture just seems a bit heavy for grass
    KenBoyle, Capt. Warren, NeilW and 3 others like this.
  9. Graham A Fixture

England
    Coming to life now, this will be an impressive display. Personally, I would join the bases into one although probably a foam infill to keep the weight down with a good strong rigid plate to set them on.
    Nap likes this.
  10. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Graham, yep was thinking of some florists foam with a coat of white glue over the top and then some mud and grass added
    KenBoyle and Graham like this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Good updates again , all credit to you painting and building the pieces separately , as you say not too much to fill and paint in

Definately think the base shoukd be joined

Look forward to more from you

Happy benchtime

Nap
  12. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers
  13. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Started work on his pelisse and the braiding. The braiding was/is a 3 step process; first a coat of gloss black, followed by the gold and then the pelisse areas touched in with red and any mistakes, gold reapplied. I found the best way to get the gold on was to use a Army Painter Dry brush, small one, and basically 'buff' the gold onto the raised details. once all done a wash or black was made and flowed into the recesses. Still a couple of bits to tidy up, Same process for the legs.

1(2).jpg 2(2).jpg 3(2).jpg 4.jpg 5(1).jpg
    KenBoyle, Nap, Capt. Warren and 4 others like this.
  14. Capt. Warren PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hey Steve. I have been out of commission for awhile. My Dad, Colonel Robert Warren USMC passed away last week so I had to make a trip to Florida for arrangements and funeral. Marines provided a terrific honors ceremony.
    So, tell me what are you using for the gold on the saddle cover and on the braid on Colonel Burthe?
  15. Capt. Warren PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I am having some pretty great results using AK True Metal, but use the brass color rather than the gold. Brass is much brighter. Buffs to a pretty nice shine!
    Nap likes this.
  16. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Sorry to hear the bad news regarding your father, I bet it was a fantastic send off ( if thats the correct phraseology)
    I use Darkstar metallic, gold braiding, royal gold and dark gold.
  17. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Lots of hard work for sure. What a beast to do. I'm still holding out for Gordon to release the 75mm version.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

That's a lots of lacework and going to look good

Thanks for sharing the way you do the lace and colours

Look forward to more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  19. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cracking work Steve.
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  20. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have been quietly getting on with painting colonel burthe, got his pelisse/domain and trousers painted. Need to do his gloves and boots. All paints are from scalecolor artist tube range.

Resizer_16140107741120.jpg Resizer_16140107741121.jpg Resizer_16140107741122.jpg
    Resizer_16140107741123.jpg
    Resizer_16140107741124.jpg
    Resizer_16140107741125.jpg Resizer_16140107741126.jpg Resizer_16140107741127.jpg
    malc, KenBoyle, NeilW and 4 others like this.