1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/10 Scale Jordan Soldier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Dec 20, 2008.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi all,
    Just posting this Amati bust that I completed quite a few years ago. I bought this just to challenge myself with painting the head scarf. It was a very easy kit to build with only the bandolier pouches needing to be attatched. I painted the base coat with Humbrols and did all the shading with oils. The head scarf was painted completely white and shaded and then the red checks were added using oils and a fine brush. I did them in one sitting, taking about two to three hours to complete.
    Hope you enjoy the pics,
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Jordan Bust

Hi FL ,
    Thanks for posting this , nice work and you have achieved the headscarf well ...with paience no doubt ...is this freehand or did you draw in the pattern? , I like the leatherwork and also the flesh colour very in character .
    Have you done any more from the Amati series as there is a nice collection from what I can remember ....if anyone has a spare one of this particular bust then I would be interested !!!!!!!

Seasons greetings from accross the world ...but still painting !!!!!!

Nap
  3. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice!

i finished this bust a little while ago over on HF for a campaigne... the scarf was a swine to do but looks just amazing when finished.

well done he looks great.

mark

:)
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Ben. The time you spent on the scarf pays off, a nice finishing touch to this piece! I've always wanted this piece for the collection and have passed it over several times. Every time I see a well painted version it makes me want this one all over again, that's a good thing! Thanks for sharing.

Jay H.
    OKc
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work. That head scarf is amazing.

Marc
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hey Ben,you must have been "in the zone" when you painted that head scarf. One pretty satisfying painting session if you ask me!! Having seen this up close, I can assure you guys that the pics don't do it justice.
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you Mark, Jay and Marc,
    Thanks for looking and I'm glad you liked the kit.
    Tony, yes I must have been in the zone when I painted it, I must admit, I did it before I had a wife and child, so I had more free time then. I only get about an hour or so a week now to sit and paint.
    Nap, no I haven't painted any other Amati kits as I happened to find this one cheap in a hobby store. I do have a catalouge of what they produced though, some pretty impressive stuff. As for painting this one, I did it freehand by painting the criss cross fine lines and then adding the thicker sections one by one. The hardest part was getting the folds of the garment looking right, so the pattern seemed to wrap around his head.
    Ben