1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/10 Napoleon Sculpture

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by barbados_wild, Jul 19, 2010.

1. barbados_wild Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Everyone,

I've recently started a 1/10 scale sculpture of Napoleon Bonaparte c.1796, mounted up on a cliff/outcrop for a client in Australia. I'll update my website every 3-4 days with progress pictures. The whole piece will probably end up approx 45cm high. This will be done in a slightly looser style than my normal work as it will be later cast in bronze.

If your interested please take a look, all feedback is welcome,

cheers

[IMG]
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wow Aaron, that's a huge piece to build from scratch. Good luck. I'll be following your progress on your blog.
  3. barbados_wild Member

United-Kingdom
    thanks Tony, yes lots of fun :)
  4. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Aaron: looks pretty impressive so far, best of luck with your piece. are you going to be updating this tread also?
  5. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Aaron...looks great so far.
    By eye and your photo, double check the distance from his shoe bottom to the ground...might be a little too much.
    Could be me...I know there's a lot more to go on the sculpt, and that could change the space....but I thought I'd mention it.
  6. barbados_wild Member

United-Kingdom
    thanks everyone for the encouragement, @ 2moons , do you mean his front hoofs? - the amount the ground rises?