1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review “The Dukes, Waterloo”

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Andrew Dalziel, Dec 26, 2022.

1. I treated myself to these figures from Mitches Military Models. Two 75mm figures representing a private and a drummer of the 33rd Regiment of Foot, “The Dukes”, at Waterloo, 1815.
    Very nicely crafted, with little flash, even some duplicates of the more delicate parts such as the bayonet. Much delicate detail, such as the badges on the drum. The packs are different and look “full”, each figure has a different shako, one covered, the drummers with badge and cords. I’m very happy with them and expect both to build well. Currently at a discounted price which is nice. Also available at larger scales.
    The interesting aspect will be the painting. The well known 1815 uniform, red coat, grey trousers, etc. But the 33rd had red facings, so no colourful contrasting collar and cuffs. The drummer will be the same, with red coat and red facings, but with some extra white lacing. So not especially colourful and with extra care and attention needed I think to show off the red coat and white lacing to best advantage.
    My nice camera decided to die, so the photographs aren’t especially good but I’ve included the website picture to show what they should look like.
    BC4EA4F2-5262-4DDF-935E-92E64E93913C.jpeg CC469BAC-F5FA-437C-8F3A-7968BCC75648.jpeg 415A0782-0B10-4772-8854-CF2C736AD6BA.jpeg
    Tommi, oldtrousers, imberador and 2 others like this.
  2. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for sharing... they are nice figures..
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Looking forward to seeing them painted.
  4. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    They do look good.. Ive finally weakened and ordered the pair in 1/9..