1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

“I hope it don’t snow show”

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    [FONT=&quot]“I hope it don’t snow show” - Feb 4th

[/FONT]
    ZVSM 2012 SHOW POSTER4.jpeg

2. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Wow. This is just down the road from me. Andybody planning to attend this?

DG
  3. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,

I am a club member and we have been having a show for 15 years now. It is now one of the best shows in the upper midwest. Entries are judged by the "Chicago System". We have a great raffle, and vendors. The Lost Battalion figure company will be there also.

Very easy to find, just off Hwy. #52 across from Apachee Mall. Hope you can make it there.

Nick
  4. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    I will be there as usual, always a fun show to go to with great vendors. I probably won't have anything to show...gotta get busy painting. Alot of my club Members (Minnesota Military Figure Society) will make to trip also.
    Scott
  5. CJK Member

United-States
    Like Nick, I too am a member of the club. Nick was the club founder and driving force for the show. It is a good show averaging over 300 entries from over 150 contestants spanning figures, armor, autos and ships. Regardless of the winter weather, it is well attended.
  6. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Well it sounds like I should try to make this happen. Are entries all taken on the morning of the show? Not sure if I'd bring anything or not, but I've looked through the club website and read over the rules and forms and so forth.

Also, how is the turnout in figures vs. armor and aircraft most years?

DG
  7. CJK Member

United-States
    Entries of planes and autos exceed figures. The quality of all the entries are usually very good/excellent. Registration is in the morning and awards are presented about an hour before the show ends.
  8. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Happy to report one of my figures netted a gold medal at the show today. And this was my first show so I was a little hesitant about the experience. Hoping to bring some new stuff to Chicago this Fall now (let's see, that gives me 8 mos or so to get busy :rolleyes:).

Chris and Nick, it was nice meeting you both.

DG

Oh, and by the way it definitely didn't snow....it was 46 F and sunny. :)
  9. CJK Member

United-States
    Dave,
    Likewise, enjoyed meeting you. Your entries were great - the judges agreed too (Chicago judging system). There were over 350 model entries this year.
    Yes, Minnesota was unnaturally warm today. Still, we have had strong showings when it was -25 degrees. Hardy bunch in these parts of the country. Hope to see you at another venue sometime, someplace.