1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Zulu War references, 80th Foot.

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by valiant, Sep 4, 2015.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I have been to the Staffordshire Rgt Museum today and have taken a few pics of some of the items relating to the 80th Foot's involvement in the conflict.

Of interest is the tunic and glengarry belonging to Col Sgt Booth, VC, as worn at Ntombe Drift. Note the variation of cuff detail with no facings and a full collar facing, rather than tabs.(looks like I might have to modify my bust!)

The diorama of the Battle of Ulundi is made up of 30mm flats, but there is no reference as to who made it or when.

Any questions, please ask!

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

2. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for posting Steve, that diorama is superb. Good idea to photo the labels too, v interesting.
    Cheers
    Mat
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Matt - I agree that the diorama is superb! The figures are beautifully painted (if a little dated in style) and the groundwork and backdrop are very much of their time. As I can remember it from my very first trip to the museum as a child, it must be at least as old as I am!

The museum is undergoing a refit at the moment, so some of the items are in storage, but it is well worth a visit if you are ever in the area (of Lichfield!)

Steve(y)
    Mat Lambert likes this.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Mat Lambert likes this.
  5. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for that, Roger - its answered an old question!(y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    You're welcome Steve. :)
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for posting mate(y). Come on Roger you can beat that flat dio. what about Isandlwana mate:D.
    cheers
    Richie
    Just tell the wife it was my fault, you normally do!
  8. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I would really like to see all fifteen Roger - Shame they aren't all together anymore.
    Cheers
    Mat
    billyturnip likes this.
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can just imagine what could be done nowadays, with all the groundwork products available....!!(y)
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Mat Lambert likes this.
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely amazing work! Thanks for that, a real treat!!:)
    billyturnip likes this.