1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Zeus

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Oct 28, 2011.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Finally finished this project which i started an eternity ago or it seems like it :confused:,many thanks to all of you who posted your coments throughout the WIP stage and for your patience.

The figure is an 80mm scale figure of zeus produced by alexandros models which i fell in love with at this years Euro Militaire show,for those who missed the WIP previous posts the figure is cast in white metal with arround 40% clean up and minimal filling required,the casting is very good with excellent detail within the facial area and the draping on the robes.

The figure was completed entirely with oils (windsor and newton) over an acrylic (games workshop) undercoat.

The eagle was finished entirely in acrylics with various different tones of games workshop washes to finish.

I hope you enjoy the photos and the finished piece,all coments and critisism are most welcome.

Happy Painting - Brian (y)

Attached Files:

2. MBD Member

Spain
    nicely done and a great base......I'm scare to tackle this as the "artbox" was so charismatic, but you done a great job..(y)
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Nothing wrong with this Brian, you must be very pleased.
    Carl.(y)
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Another little beauty brian, new this one was going to turn out good right from the start.

As an affiliated member off the tartan army you should have done
    a golden eagle:rolleyes:
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brian, a stunning finish mate, I like everything about this from the painting to the base and groundwork. (y)(y)

Cheers Ken
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    What a cracker Brian-you have done a fabulous job on this mate, like you I saw it on the pegaso stand and fell in love with the sculpt but that ground work you have added really makes it an outstanding piece of work.

Keith
  7. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Stunning work Brian love everything about it,think I will have to get this after seeing what a great job you have made of it.

Cheers David
  8. sancho7 Active Member

France
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Excellent Brian!
  10. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Nice work Brian, I'm liking this figure more an more each time I see it. And youv'e made it look stunning. Les
  11. templar magister Active Member

Greece
    Brian your Zeus is the best I have seen so far.Is the most "rich"figure and you have capture the mount Olympus with the scenery.
    From the land of Gods WELL DONE!!!!!!!
    Christos(y)
  12. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Great paint work Brian, the base ties in nicely(y)
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nothing to say more. Everything is being said.
    Perfect.

Marc
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Mario - Many thanks for your kind coments,i know what you mean about being affraid to tackle it,i feel like that myself at times with certain pieces i see,but i enjoy the challenge,my advice to you would be to have a go at it if you like it,the piece is really worth it and its a great sculpt.(y)

Carl - Many thanks mate for the kind coments,it took longer than i first thought it would but i'm very pleased with the result :)

Ron - Thanks mate,i hope my painting of the eagle dosent affect my clan membership too much :lol:

Ken - Thanks for your kind coments,hope your keeping well and good luck with your 'Dominic Larrey' flat (y)

Keith - Thanks mate,i felt a great sculpt like this needed a scenic setting to set him off and i'm really pleased with the way it turned out,the extra time was worth it in the end. :)

Dave - Thanks mate i'm very pleased with the result,the eagle added to the time it took to complete,because the whole piece is metal the eagle is quite heavy on its own and i just was'nt happy with the idea of attaching it with epoxy glue alone to the left arm,so i drilled out part of the forearm and inserted a length of steel pin and i also drilled out part of the eagles legs to accomodate the exposed part of the pin,some tiny amounts of milliput was required near to completion to complete the assembly,this was the only concern about the kit (y).

Noel - Many thanks mate for your kind coments :)

Pedro - Many thanks also for your coments :)

Les - Many thanks for your coments and yes it is a great piece and i'm pleased to have it in my collection (y)

Christos - Thats very kind of you to say that,many thanks for your kind coments (y)

Andrew - many thanks mate for your coments :)

Marc - many thanks again for your kind coments
  15. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You have made such a great job of this one you are forgiven for not using our eagle, but will cost an extra beer all round for the clan :lol::lol::lol:
  16. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very niece work overall!!
  17. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Ron - It was already my round as Don kindly pointed out,at this rate i'll have to set up another budget just for drinks :lol::lol::lol:,i have a couple of scottish subjects lined up in the next 12 months before euro,i wont disclose what they are yet but i'm going to make sure i do my homework on them or i'll have you / dave / don / derek on my case :lol::lol::lol:.

Christos - many thanks for your coments.

Brian (y)
  18. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    NO Brian It is an extra round:lol::lol: somthing tartan I presume:unsure: