1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Z" stands for Zorro. Finished at last!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Apr 15, 2008.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Included I want to show you mu latest vignette on which I have been working on and off for about a year next to the Hoplite figure I'm working on (that one is also almost completed) In the end it was placed on a new wooden base, I redid once again the drying line with bed sheets and a little dog was added (Doug's Original). For the figure I used a converted Doug's Original head, right hand and both feet also came from Doug and the left hand was converted from a Doug's Original item. The rest was Magic Sculp, Brown Stuff and a bit of Greens Stuff. As always all was painted using acrylics and inks, although I spray painted the grass using Testors paint.

Technically there is a lot I need to learn, both with the sculpting as with the painting, but I had so much fun with this one that I found I should share it with my friends.

I would like to dedicate this vignette to the loving memory of Ziggy Poppe. May you rest in peace.

As always i would love to hear your comments, critiques and of course how I can improve my future work.

Thanks for watching,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. dinovision79 Active Member

Excellent little vignette Gino!
    Hope you don't mind if I ask what's the story behind?

Denes
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    EXCELLENT WORK, Gino !!!!!!

Hi Gino !
    NICE, VERY NICE :D:D:D:D:D !!!!! I assume Scobby Doo was painted free-hand ;) ? An EXCELLENT twist to a common theme :p. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very fun piece Gino!

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think most of us were that lad at one point in our lives. Great idea!
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    WOW thats a really nice and inspired work my friend !!!!!! I like it so much !!!!!

Bravo for the idea and th4e execution

COSTAS
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brings back fond memories, BRAVO!
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Gino,
    Great idea and nicely done.
    Cheers
    John
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Great job, but like I said to you, a bigger Z would have made it even better
  10. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    thanks

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all your responses. From what I read I can say that I have evoked the emotions I wanted to and so I can say : mission accomplished!!!

On to the next little kid.

Hello Denes,

Hope you don't mind if I ask what's the story behind?

Well being a bit too wild in his Zorro game he accidentally damaged a bed cover that mum hung on a line to dry. The dog sees his best friend playing, and an "enemy" of his master becomes his enemy too, so he decides to help by barking at the big scary dog on the sheet. That's all, nothing special to it. For me it was more important to evoke a feeling of happiness and to make his think of our childhood then really telling a story.

Hello Kenneth,

assume Scobby Doo was painted free-hand ?

Yes indeed it was. I used some DVD's we have of Scooby as an example and simply painted what I saw on that pictures, including highlights and shadows that were on the drawing. Once this was on I started to add highlights and shadows created by the folds of the sheet using very thin glazes of dark colors for the shadows and yellows for the highlights. This was so much fun that I decided to paint the whole Simpsons family for my next kid project.

Hi Patrick,

Well I think the size of the "Z" is about what the kid would have done using the radius of his hand and lower arm. And I was a bit chicken to destroy the drawing with the "Z". Maybe next time.

Thanks again,

Gino
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks For The Reply !

Hey Gino !
    Thanks for the reply, my friend :D:D:D:D !!!!! Now you've got me all excited to see your rendition of the Simpsons :eek: ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :).
  12. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent work!! Especially the freehand painting looks marvelous, my compliments
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good story, Nicely sculpted.
    i really like it.

Marc