1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

YS Masterpieces presents: Hellenic Revolutionary Fighter & Priest

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Stelios Demiras, May 23, 2012.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello, dear friends, on Planet Figure,
    I would like to share with you my new bust in 200mm from the well known Greek company YS Masterpieces that represent a Greek Fighter & Priest from the Greek Revolution on 1821. The details are:

Title: Hellenic Revolutionary Fighter & Priest (Papaflessas), 1821 Series
    Reference: HB-004
    Scale: 200mm
    No of Pieces: 7
    Material: Resin
    Sculptor: Carl Reid
    Box Art Painter: Danilo Cartacci
    Research: Costas Rodopoulos
    Painting reference leaflet: A4

The bust pieces are well packed in a strong carton box with black sponge for more protection. The sculpting is excellent as usual and the box art signed by Danilo is awesome. As you can see most of the pieces are clean without any mould lines and if there are some, it is very easy to clean them. The fit of the parts is very good. I recommend you to leave the right hand that is holding the gun for the end. The leather belt can also be glued at the end and the left arm holding the cross as well. The kit provides a signed certificate of only 350 copies!

It is available from their website:
    www.ysmasterpieces.com

BoxWEB.JPG FACE WEB.jpg InsideBOX WEB.JPG PIECES WEB 1.JPG
  2. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This looks very nice stelios,lovely box art and nice pictures inside,not normally my period but I would definitely consider buying this,as you said it looks a very clean casting,thanks for posting.
  3. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I love the drama in this sculpture. Not something I would normally buy either but it has such great expression, I might be tempted . . .
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Another Mr Carl Reid Masterpiece.
    It is castings like this that could tear us away from our normal comfort zones.
    Lovely job.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  5. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent sculpting Carl! Painting also!