1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Young`s Templar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariobusta, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Guys,Just finished another classic bust.Had a real hard time getting a decent photo,the black and whites templar finished 1.jpg templar finished 2.jpg templar finished 4.jpg templar finished 5.jpg looks a bit washed out .suppose I will have to try and learn how to take a decent picture.
  2. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    I liked Mario, very Nice....(y)
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great paintjob on this classic.

Marc
  4. Tarracus A Fixture

Very nice. I specially like the work on the beard(y)

Gerard
  5. Don Well-Known Member

Like what you have done with this classic figure Mario, very nice indeed.
    I wouldnt worry to much about the "washed out" effect, he would be well washed out during his time in the Holy Land. The sun does that to you.

Don
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent painting Mario.
  7. renegertje Member

Netherlands
    I like the skin work. very convincing eyes. Great job
  8. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Excellent clean brushwork
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    That's some fine handling of the paintbrush Mario (y)!!

Joe
  10. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Looking good Mario ;-)
    Will be fun to see these one day mate, good to see you working through these classic busts.

Stay safe,

Mike
  11. Einion Well-Known Member

Paintjob looks good, nice skintone. And I like that the contrast is modest, just right for the scale IMO - enough that it clearly delineates form, not exaggerated so it seems like an effect.

On this:
    These are good photos overall - shadows not too dark, no washed-out highlights, in focus and with good depth of field, plus very little noise. If you're having saturation problems (colours don't look as intense or 'rich' as IRL) a few quick tweaks in your image editor should sort you out, these pics will provide a great base.

The white balance looks like it's okay but you may be able to improve on that if you don't want to also tackle it when editing (very simple tweak, but ideally get the colour right in-camera if the camera will allow it).

One thing I would suggest is, if possible, to move the right light up a bit. Light from above tends to be much more flattering to paintjobs than when it's from the side.

Einion
  12. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Very nice work, I must get this bust myself.
    Les
  13. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Very nice painting on this bust. I have this myself and everyone always comments on how he looks like Sean Connery.
  14. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey Gerard ,Thanks for commenting on the beard, I actually have real trouble painting grey hair for some reason.
  15. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Einion ,Thanks for the advice with the photos .I will try tweaking them at some stage.
  16. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Jazz ,Yes I agree he defiantly looks like Sean Connery.
  17. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Les ,Joe ,Ken,Renegertje,Tony,Don,Marc ,Debrito.Thanks for the comments guys.
  18. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey Mike .we will have to catch up sometime ,maybe over Christmas break . Mario ;-)
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.