1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    This will be the December bust by "Young"...:

Scale: 1:10
    Resin
    Sculptor: Young B. Soong

[IMG]

Clear case! This is Sean Connery as General Major Robert Urquhart in "A Bridge too far", (1977)!

[IMG]

Cheers
  2. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Such a good likeness. Looks like Santa will have an easy time choosing my present this Christmas
    Inaki likes this.
  3. Sgt. Red Active Member

The coolest scott of all time!!!
  4. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    That's one hell of a good likeness of the man, looks good. (y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb likeness.(y)
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent likeness. Just too bad it is Connery and not Urquhart.

Adrian
  8. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Absolutely Adrian..the Sean Connery image is masterfully captured...probably the best out there, but there is a photo of Urquhart in like pose with binoculars...the real guy looked much more ordinary..slightly porky and past his physical prime ..but one heck of a leader. Shows reality vs movies...there is more story from a depiction of the real guy, but probably wouldn’t sell as readily.
    napoleonpeart and Huw63 like this.
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Not really my period of interest but this looks fantastic.

Cheers David
  10. Huw63 A Fixture

A great looking bust imho.

Cheers

Huw
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    My thoughts exactly Adrian. this IMO would have been a far better bust [IMG] Superb though the Youngs offering is
    Steve
    Old johnny likes this.
  12. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

That’s the photo I saw...for my taste, the sculpt is Sean Connery...and well done...this is Urquhart, and loaded with more meaning...thank you Steve..

John
    Helm likes this.
  13. MrBMB A Fixture

Very nice and great likeness
  14. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    For me, Sean Connery is the only Urquhart I've known for the past 40 years.

I can understand the comments about how the actual man himself would be a more meaningful subject, rather than the actor who portrayed him in the movie, but at a commercial and practical level Connery is likely to sell many more Busts than Urquhart himself. I don't blame Young for choosing the Connery version, I think it's a smart commercial decision.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

A great looking sculpt for sure but agree with the choice being a commercial consideration ....Urguhart woukd have more interest to me and so much a tribute to a brave man .

Sure it will do well ..be good to see the box art as well

Nap
  16. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great subject.
    Gordon
  17. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Nap, I think there would be A series of movie stars in their notable depictions in this. So, it’s less Fury, more Brad Pitt playing..and so on..although he wasn’t doing an actual person. One could c ertainly collect a few Sean Connery busts and have a nice display..Black Army has one and there must be others
  18. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I'm glad this came out,i will now add this to my previous 3 para collection together with a conversion on major sosaboski
    John strachan and Helm like this.