1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young Miniatures "Hell on Wheels"

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Bigmick, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This was another fast paint with little or no WIP yet again, sorry.
    I'd painted the face with the base coat a few weeks ago but a severe mojo dip meant he went back into the box and I focused on painting the Nuts Planet Barbossa.
    As you can see he's a close approximation of Brad Pitts character Don "Wardaddy" Collier from "Fury", the kit has 3 parts, in the base rod.
    Face re painted, base coat of beige red, black and white, then base lightened with white for highlights, I've been trying to master this loaded brush technique but with little success so I went back to what I know, thin layers of colour.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Regards.

Mick.
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very nicely done.
    Cheers
    John
  3. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Greatly done
  4. Bongolo67 Member

Germany
    You brought that scarface to a top level, Bigmick!
    The clothing seems to be a little shiny, but I gues that's a question of the lighting again.
    I would have made the jacket and the face a little more dirty but that's just personal taste.
    Cheers! Ulf
  5. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comments again guys, I need to give him another coat of flat as I was almost at the end of the can and it was spitting white lumps of varnish, I didn't want to dirty him up as I made a dog's dinner of the fire fighter overdoing the dirt and having to repaint him, I'll change the background as well as really takes colour away from him.
    Regards.
    Mick
  6. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work Mick!
  7. Bigmick Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks yet yet YET again to Michael at Bespoke Bases for delivering on the goods, a proper base for Wardaddy, added a DI enamel crest, might get the woodwork tools out and recess it into the base.
    Anyhoo he's all done, onto the next.[IMG]

Regards.

Mick.