1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Yoeman Warder - Beefeater

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Andrew Perren, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Andrew Perren PlanetFigure Supporter

Hi PF
    1/16 ICM Plastic Figure from their Wold Guards Series. I wanted to do this as a painting challenge and I'm mostly happy with it. The detail is too soft in some areas making painting a bit of a crap shoot. Painted in acrylics except for the spear blade which is Model Master Chrome silver.

Hope you like him.
    P1020098.JPG
    P1020099.JPG P1020093.JPG P1020095.JPG P1020096.JPG
  2. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow. Those ICM kits scrub up well

Andrew.
    Andrew Perren and billyturnip like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Exactly what I thought. That's a very good paint job. (y)
    Andrew Perren likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Andrew

That's really nice , never seen the ICM stuf but love what you have done on this ...nice reds and the medals look really good

Woukd make an interesting bust version as well

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  5. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work Andrew, the face is amazing and the reds as Nap said very good!
    Congratulations!!!

P.S I did some Miniart plastic models at the past, i dont know about ICM, did you have any problems with pieces fitting together?
  6. grenadier Member

United-Kingdom
    I really like your work on this kit. The Red uniform stands out the way it does in real life and the face is nicely understated and compliments the rest of the figure. Is that the MM that you have awarded him on the left?
  7. Andrew Perren PlanetFigure Supporter

Thanks guys. The fit was overall quite good but the limitations of injection moulding is evident in the sharpness of the details ( makes them quite a bit harder to paint).
  8. Andrew Perren PlanetFigure Supporter

Thank you. No idea on the medal I'm sorry but that is what is indicated on the instructions and box art.
  9. JonH Active Member

That's a great result Andrew and an impressive figure. If anyone hasn't seen it there's an excellent series of YouTube clips of a guided tour of the tower by a Yeoman_ google YouTube Beefeater.Very funny.
    Jon.
  10. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent paintwork ,well done

Mobo
  11. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very, very nice Andrew! As you indicated, some plastic kits can be a challenge to paint. You handled this one quite nicely.

Well done,
    Ken
  12. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Very nice work. Red color very difficult (for me :D), great result !!!

Cheers Borek
  13. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice job; I like the red and gold. I have the Marine and a friend has the Grenadier guardsman and both are very good kits. I do agree that the "Beefeater" would be a challenge.
  14. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Reminds me on a very old piece from Airfix.