1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Wyatt Earp

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John strachan, Nov 19, 2017.

1. John strachan Well-Known Member

And so it begins.....
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Borek, phil_h, Oda and 6 others like this.
  2. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    John, I love the fact you do "groundwork" for your busts. ;) It makes for an interesting presentation and definitely sets them apart from the norm.

Looking good,
    Ken
    Oda and marco55 like this.
  3. John strachan Well-Known Member

Cheers Ken, I was busy watching the wyatt Earp film last night and suddenly thought...why not! I've got a few other projects I was going to get busy on, but I guess I'm on this one first. Thanks for the kind words.
    John
    KenBoyle likes this.
  4. misfit151 A Fixture

That looks great John....enjoy the project...;). Mike
  5. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Interesting concept. I like the background - are you going to hang something on the wall?
    Is this going to end up inside a light-box? It feels like it's meant to be a framed 'shot' rather than a tableau.
    I've got five Earp kits at the last count at various scales so I'll be watching with interest (y)
  6. John strachan Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike, first steps of a long road. This is just the basic outline, loads more to do in the detailing dept. I'll figure the rest out as I go along.
    John
  7. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Reminds me of the old Historex days when we would hide a light bulb with a battery in the base, and then run various
    gauges of fibre optics to dummy candles and oil lamps strategically placed around the scene. What larks ... eh ?
    Mirofsoft likes this.
  8. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Wow, great idea and stuning backstage, nice work so far :)

Cheers Borek
  9. John strachan Well-Known Member

Painting started....
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Borek and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  10. John strachan Well-Known Member

11. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Looking really great so far; can't wait to see it all painted and finished (y)
    Phil
  12. John strachan Well-Known Member

All done for the weekend !

image.jpeg image.jpeg