1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WW2 Red Army uniforms and equipment

Discussion in 'Soviet Union' started by Rob Truscott, May 23, 2017.

1. Rob Truscott New Member

IMG_6951.jpg I thought to help fill this section as i collected Red Army kit over the years . . Pre War Gymnastiorka soldiers blouse. The back view shows the 1936 helmet and 1938 model pack. Respirator satchel to left and entrenching tool on the right side below pack.
    Dan Morton likes this.
  2. Rob Truscott New Member

Political Commissars sleeve star insignia worn pre and early war. Profile of 1936 helmet
    . IMG_6891.jpg IMG_6894.jpg
  3. Rob Truscott New Member

Some caps comprising
    cobalt blue and brick red NKVD troops peaked ' Furazhka ' cap
    Green and dark blue Border Guards Furazhka . magenta piping.
    Winter cap ' Budionovka' worn Russo Finnish war and 1941. Grey flannel with brick red star denoting NKVD branch.
    Some side caps ' Pilotka' IMG_6988.jpg IMG_6995.jpg IMG_7000.jpg
    Dan Morton likes this.
  4. Rob Truscott New Member

IMG_6954.jpg
    Officers Greatcoat with 1943 shoulder straps and collar patches of Tsarist pattern. Medical branch thin width straps , red piped. View attachment 281974
    Dan Morton likes this.
  5. Rob Truscott New Member

IMG_6996.jpg Female Red Airforce officers dress with lieutenants field quality shoulder straps with sky blue piping
    Dan Morton likes this.
  6. Rob Truscott New Member

IMG_6964.jpg fe
    Female tailored 1943 pattern gymnastiorka blouse. The soldiers version reverted to Tsarist style dispensing with chest pockets normally. Guards Division enamel badge and medical satchel worn.
    Dan Morton likes this.
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent collection Rob and nice of you to share with the rest of us, my main interest in figure sculpting was ww2 Russian when I started, I know where to come for reference now if I ever do another ww2 Russsian.

Steve
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Terrific posts! Thanks!

All the best,
    Dan
    Rob Truscott likes this.
  9. Rob Truscott New Member

Red Army 1941.jpg IMG_3547.jpg IMG_3545.jpg
    The front view of my faded 1935 pattern blouse with the 1936 model steel helmet. Soon after the 1941 Invasion subdued khaki collar patches replaced the coloured pre war type shown here in magenta for rifles troops. This soldier shows complete kit . front leather ammo pouches supported by pack straps in german style, an extra ammo bandolier slung over shoulder . Rain cape strapped to pack and below, respirator satchel , bayonet in leather scabbard , German style entrenching case with shovel and his aluminium water bottle in drawstring cloth carrier.
    Dan Morton likes this.