1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique WW2 Red Army bust (Life Miniatures)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kaz6120, Oct 2, 2014.

1. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Here's the final version of the head.
    IMG_3585.jpg IMG_3589.jpg IMG_3623.jpg
    Jamie Stokes, Tarracus and Trex like this.
  2. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hey Kaz, it's not just the fact that the face looks like a real individual, you really perfected the art of that my friend, but the gun barrel and mag drum look incredibly realistic along with the uniform. Your experimentation is paying very high dividends, period! Keep the investment going, I'm in for the long haul to see where this takes us all.

It's been said, "The world is your Oyster." No kiddin, crank that puppy and Ruck On! This is the best class I've attended in awhile.

Cheers, Ski.
    kaz6120 likes this.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Kaz,

Wow, that's an incredible bust and the face is exceptional. The video makes it look so easy but I can see the artistry and talent it takes to make something look that easy. Fantastic painting mate.
    kaz6120 likes this.
  4. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Thanks a lot for your warm compliments, Ski.
    About the gun barrel and mag drum, I started using Citadel recently and I can get good results with them.
    I like to use enamel + oil + printer's ink for the metal too and still I use it, but I'm investigating to get good result with acrylics.
    Also, I used acrylics black ink and blue ink from Andrea Silver color sets. I like them a lot I can get very smooth diluted black and blue with water.

Thanks a lot for your comments too, Tony.
    I'm glad you liked my video, and here's the final version of "Painting head". I made it higher resolution than the previous one so that you can view it on Youtube full screen.

5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Amazing work Kaz.
    Many thanks for sharing it with us.
    Cheers
    Keith