1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WW1 Brit. Infantryman

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by BobLff257, May 20, 2016.

1. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    DSCF6006.JPG DSCF5997.JPG DSCF6005.JPG DSCF5998.JPG

Digital sculpt by Max, have 120mm and 75mm scales, available in the future.Hope you like (y)

Rob
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice figure! Thanks for developing a digital WW1 subject in 120mm!!

I would have preferred an action pose or a little visual narrative, but the figure is very well-detailed and interesting nonetheless. If the soldier was wearing his gas mask and helmet and advancing with rifle at the ready that could have been a pretty cool pose. I'll probably buy one in 120mm when they become available. Any idea of cost?

Could we see one more photo? Taken directly from the back?

Could you identify the regiment and year this figure is intended to portray? 1917 or later? I tried magnifying the cap image to see the cap badge more clearly, but the image didn't maintain enough resolution. No trade or skill badges? Overseas service stripes? Battalion, brigade or division identification patches?

All the best,
    Dan
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great figure Rob and Max.
    Look forward to this hitting the shops.
  4. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Is it a buffs badge? Or the lamb and flag? I like it.
  5. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Excellent figure and news (120mm, my favourite scale). When will it be avalaible?

Regards,

Francisco
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Rob.(y)
    Is it the Wessex Regt?
  7. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you everyone for your comments. The figure represents a late war soldier, wearing leather jerkin, Monmouth reg. (dragon cap badge) I agree there may be missing flashes on the arms :nailbiting: , an oversight me thinks, but not too hard to add. Just started painting one so available in a few weeks, I will post when available. Again thank you for taking the time to comment.

Rob
    Wings5797, Scotty and billyturnip like this.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob,
    Very nice territorial figure(y). I'm sure it will be very popular in 120mm scale. Leaving off the battalion identification is not a bad thing, then it can be painted to represent any of the Monmouth battalions.
    cheers
    Richie
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Bob.

This is really well proportioned I really lladmire this sculpt.

Would you have any plans to release alternative heads to widen the figures scope?

Paul
  10. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    A very nice piece indeed. Whilst figures charging over the top are awesome the stance of this figure is fantastic and sums up the no doubt daily drudge of walking from area to area or reserve line to the front and back, a must have.

John
  11. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dear Rob,

How about one in 150mm?

BW

Mike
  12. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is a lovely piece Rob.

Paul.
  13. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Any update on availability?

All the best,
    Dan
  14. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not ready yet Dan, pm sent.

Rob
  15. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Straight onto my wish list , looking forward to this being released , great sculpt
    Cheers
    Al
  16. colban Member

United-Kingdom
    A fantastic subject - I am so glad to see more quality ww1 figures coming out in 120mm, especially given the Centenary. Absolutely brilliant figure.. Which company will it be available from? Colin
  17. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Thank you! I Like to work with Rob, many good pictures and all info that I need.