1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review WW1 Accessories from Jon Smith Modellbau

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Folks

Following on from my previous review of Jon Smith Accessory items here:

:http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/accessorys-set-from-jon-smith-modelbau.78501/

Its good to see that Jon has now also released so much more in the shape of additional 54mm heads and equipment as well as 120mm

Note: the Highlighted will take you to the website pictures

8 new 54mm Heads has been released along with some 54mm equipment & weapons. this time subjects with less well known headdress types, incl. the rare Gaede helmet and Landsturm oilcloth caps.

The 54mm Spare Parts are mainly taken from existing JSM figures, along with a few totally new items. These are intended for figure conversions / accessories and of course diorama

Another batch of 1:16th scale JSM spare parts has also been released.

Jon has chosen a mixture of standard equipment and some less well known subjects, including the rare German Poppenberg early type stick grenades.

The following are the new parts & links :
    German Helmet & Body Armour, Haversack & Late War Production Water Bottle, Pioneer Wire Cutters
    German Poppenberg Stick Grenades
    British Hobnailed Trench Club with Lead Band
    French Adrian Helmets (Chasseurs, Artillery & Tank Crew)
    German Empty PK11 Ammo Box (for tools / spare parts)

Just look how good they look painted up ..amazing detail everywhere

aaaaa.jpg aaaa.jpg aa.jpg aaa.jpg

Needless to say the QUALITY is excellent , each individual item in its own packet m the amount of care and professionalism that clearly goes into both the research and accuracy of the items no matter its a grenade or a full 120 mm figure or even a bust its all there .

Customer service has always been 2nd to none , JSM is not a big company but it could teach some a few lessons in QUALITY and service.

My main interest is busts and I was lucky enough to review JSM's first release and paint it so hoping there will be more in the future.

One thing I would like to comment on is the ease at which you can get around the website , its packed with pictures and why not have a look at the Gallery and see just what can be done with these items and just how accurate the figures look in their settings.

Its also good to know that Jon has a great access to so much information on any item , if he does not know then he can certainly find out .

S0 if you want QUALITY and your interest is WW1 then look no further than the products as JSM ...you will not regret it in any respect.

As well as the website pictures and those above thought I would share some of my own which show just how good these are ..remember some are 54mm !!! ...ENJOY

Jon Smith 011.jpg Jon Smith 001.jpg Jon Smith 002.jpg Jon Smith 007.jpg Jon Smith 008.jpg Jon Smith 003.jpg Jon Smith 004.jpg Jon Smith 005.jpg Jon Smith 006.jpg Jon Smith 009.jpg Jon Smith 010.jpg

For more information on this and all the releases both figures in 1/32nd and 1/16th from JSM contact details are here:

e mail: Info@jonsmith-modellbau.com

Happy modelling
    Nap
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    (y) Jon Smith's products, any scale - second to none!

All the best,
    Dan
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Hi,
    I know JSM. A very good online shop, Jon is very kind and he provides good products well done and of very good quality.
    Pascal
    napoleonpeart likes this.