1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WSS NCO, Normandy

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Constantin67, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Constantin67 A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    And again, hello my friends!
    I want to show the next work in scale 1: 9, the figure of production Airborne Miniatures.
    Painted as always with pva-tempera.
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      569.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      663.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      558 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      509.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      531.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I think this looks great as is especially given the scale. Could you do something to make it better? Perhaps, but it wouldn't necessarily be better, just different. You could probably of pushed the contrast just a bit more to give features more depth and or maybe tried to simulate some texture to the uniform. If I remember correctly it was made in a herringbone like twill, so some faint vertical lines to represent this weave in the material would add another dimension. Nonetheless you have done another fine looking figure (y)! I'm curious too as to what others may think.

Joe
  3. JonH Active Member

I particularly like the stitching on the magazine pouches and the black leather.
    Jon
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I like what you have done.

Marc
  5. Andrew Perren PlanetFigure Supporter

Hi Konstantin, I hope that you are proud of this figure because it is a fine job (y) . If I was to offer any feedback you could add some more"dirt" around the legs & knees to help tie it to the good job on the boots. Also for me the sling on the MP40 doesn't look like it is being affected by gravity in the normal way. It should hang more "slack" in my opinion to seem more real - but I'm certainly not an expert on MP40 slings :) .
  6. Constantin67 A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thanks friends.
    Andrew, I made a strap on the MP of a strip of genuine leather and it turned out a bit tight.;)