1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Workshop 2011

Discussion in 'PF Workshop' started by gordy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    A first for PlanetFigure and a first for figurists in the USA!

We, at PlanetFigure, are proud to present a new project designed to help improve any one's level on painting miniatures. For the first time in the USA, we will host a figure painting class in St. Louis with the renowned acrylics painter Fernando Ruiz, from Barcelona, Spain.
    More than just your average hour long painting demo at a figure show, this will cover all the basics and advanced techniques demonstrated by painters from Spain and Europe.
    Figurists across Spain, Italy and the rest of Europe attend workshops and seminars between shows to learn from talented and well known artists that share their techniques to help other painters to strengthen their skills. We, at PlanetFigure, have decided to try giving the same chance of live learning to painters here in North America for the first time.

This class will consist of 8 hour sessions over three days and will cover the painting of a 54 mm figure from start to finish with acrylics’ techniques. The class size will be kept minimal giving Fernando time to assist each participant to follow along.
    Included in the cost of the seminar will be a set of top quality Marta Kolinsky brushes for each participant and the miniature. Also, we’ll be providing diverse reference material for each pupil, including a printed SBS on the miniature (Fernando will bring a sample of it painted and will paint another one live so everybody can see the process) along with high resolution photographs.

Veteran painters or new painters, the depth of instruction and tutorial would be a benefit to everyone.
    Also we plan to do some other general activities in order to relax from the class hours and get the pupils to know each other in a good atmosphere of friendship and comradeship.

Instructor: Fernando Ruiz
    When: September 2-4
    Where: Embassy Suites (Augusta Room), St. Charles, Missouri
    Duration: 24 hours, three eight hour days
    Work Piece: The Violinist by Nocturna
    Cost: $250.00 USD (miniature included)
    Class size: 25

Sponsors and Donors

Vallejo (Paints and Brushes for particpants)
    Historic Art Miniatures (the Workshop Figure)
    Creative Foundations (Figure Display Bases for particpants)
    New World Miniatures (Gift for particpants)
    Art Girona (Door prizes)
    Ares Mythologic and Draconia Miniatures (Gifts for participants)
    And others to come!

Click here for Map

Payment Options:
    Registrations will end on August 15th, seats are going fast!

Check:
    PlanetFigure c/o Gordy Stronach
    248 Westridge Dr.
    O‘Fallon, Missouri 63366

Paypal:
    lansoho@charter.net

Don’t miss this unique chance of participating in a one-of-a-kind event! Seats are going fast!
    For any info and inscriptions contact contact Gordy here : gordon.stronach@gmail.com
    See you in St. Louis!

See official page for additional details

Watch this thread for announcements!

pf-generic-50.gif
    pmfs, Trep, Tommi and 7 others like this.
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I really like this idea. It's perfect opprotunity for "us" here in the states to participate in what the europeans have been doing for quite some time! A win win situation for all who attend. I can't commit just yet as I am waiting to see what happens with a possible deployment looming in my future. Rest assured, if I'm here, I WILL be in attendance!

Jim Patrick
    gordy and Fernando Ruiz like this.
  3. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Graet idea! Hopefully it will work out pretty well, so we can see more events like that in the future. I am definately in and will pay at begin of the next month.

Gordy, could you reserve one spot for me?
  4. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Well, buddies!
    Finally we have the official announcement. I want to say that it will be a real honor to give this seminar. We'll have a great time, spending some time in comradeship and miniatures, painting and having lots of laughs! Undoubtelly it will be a fantastic experience for all.
    Here is a pic of the miniature we'll be painting:

[IMG]

I want also to give some credit to Jesús from HistoricArt/Nocturna and Alex from Vallejo Acrylics for giving us their sponsorship in this project.

Stay tunned to this thread for further details or, if you need any specifyc info, just contact me or Gordy.

See you in St. Louis!
    FeR

PS. Piotr, glad you finally can make it. That means good news ;)
    Tommi and gordy like this.
  5. HistoricArt miniatures Active Member

Spain
    Hi! Here Jesús Martín of Nocturna models.
    I want to thank Fernando and Gordy for the idea of this excellent seminar, I´m very proud for offering you the violinist figure.
    I hope you´ll enjoy painting it as I did.
    The pic in Fernando´s topic is my painted version of this amazing figure sculpted by Pedro Fernández. I´ll love to see what Fernando can paint now!
    It´s a big honour for me to collaborate in this painting class, I have given Fernando pics and material to make great this seminar.
    Best regards
    J.
    Meehan34, gordy and Fernando Ruiz like this.
  6. JoseJarque Active Member

Fabulous idea, explanations will be very good and adaptable to any kind of level, a very good initiative Gordy
    Meehan34, gordy and Fernando Ruiz like this.
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Should be a great time! I will be there for some of it, both my son's have a football tournement( local, this time) that weekend. I hope that others will come out as well and that this can become an annual event!

Joe
    Fernando Ruiz likes this.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Piotr, your seat is safe! (y)

Fernando, thanks for the great idea, inspiration and hard work to get this rolling looking forward to it =)

Jesús, many thanks for the collaboration and figure inspiration (y)

Jose, thanks! We are all very excited to see first hand in depth techniques of the acrylics style pioneered in Europe!
  9. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    Just got the "blessing" from the boss (wife). I look forward to meeting everyone and learning from the masters. I'll have to remember to bring the Opti-visor and my favorite brushes.
  10. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great to hear Tony, seat saved =) (y)
  11. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    Gordy.

Sounds like a great time. Good luck and well wishes to you and all attending Workshop 2011.

alex wence
    Fernando Ruiz and gordy like this.
  12. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Alex ! =)
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Gordy,
    Count me in and I may have a friend who will come with me.
    Cheers
    John
  14. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Who John? The better half?

Jim Patrick
  15. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Sorry Jim,
    Just a young friend who is just getting into figures.
    Cheers
    John
  16. toy4x4 Active Member

United-States
    Count me in!
  17. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent John and Terry, we look forward to having y'all, seats saved (y)
  18. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    hello everyone i am Johns friend and i am interested in learning acrylic figure painting and would love to join your seminar
  19. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent Dave! Welcome aboard! We look forward to visiting with you and having a great time (y)
  20. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I am in too sir. I'll hit paypal tomorrow.