1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Work Station

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Mozzy, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Mozzy Member

I hope this is permitted? If not no doubt you will remove with my apologies.

I wanted to do a very small write up on a work station I ordered from Sphere Products ((I'm sure you know them well enough). I could not find what I wanted so sent some rough drawings to the company and they very promptly replied with their own detailed drawing.

A couple of back and forth emails and I was happy. Have to say quality is amazing, and I now wonder how I ever managed without one :) I wanted to share as many i suspect do what they do on a lap or dining room table. I model daily while Mrs Mozzy colours her adult books; not adult like that, I mean adult colouring :) The 'worn in' image is after several months and I am still delighted.

http://www.sphereproducts.co.uk

[IMG]

[IMG]

The 'trunk' here in this image was made by me out of real wood and isopon. I intend to get a dragon to paint to sit on top. Mostly all carved via 'little nippers' in a Dremel. hand carved.

[IMG]
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Jon is a great friend to the hobby and always willing to go the extra mile to accommodate individual needs. He has made a couple of items for me which I am sure talking his time into account and the price he charged would not have provided any profit.
    A good example of the hobby being supported by an enthusiastic modeller who willingly donates his creative talents in the common interest.
    Keith
    garyhiggins, anstontyke, Helm and 3 others like this.
  3. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    I must say that is the neatest workstation I have seen in a long time. Was the glass sheet a personal 'add-on' or did it come from Sphere Products?

Sphere Products are a excellent company. I could not do without their figure transit cases.

Mark
    garyhiggins, anstontyke and Mozzy like this.
  4. Mozzy Member

Just an add-on Mark. Makes life simple when using blades :)

Mozzy
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top man, top products. I have a number of Jon's clever little gizmos myself.

- Steve
    anstontyke and Mozzy like this.
  6. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    So inspired by this review and Jon's products, I just purchased a paint rack for my work desk. Looking forward to setting it up!
    Mozzy likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mozzy

Thanks f0r the review , of course its allowed ... its good to have something hobby related and not figures.

Jon and Sphere are a company that could produce virtually anything to suit modellers personal needs.

Like the addition of the glass and what a tidy work area as well !!!

Thanks for sharing the details

Nap
  8. baldwin8 Member

Canada
    For me it is always interesting to see what others are using for tools and workspaces. I like the inlay cutting mat.
    Sharing ideas is all part of being in a community.
    (y)
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Now that's a cool set up!

I too like the cutting matt inlayed in, as well as the grooves for the x-acto knives so that they don't roll around.

Top notch work station(y):cool:!

Joe
  10. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    I have one of Spheres model carry cases and I can highly recommend them
  11. chailey Active Member

England
    I purchased one of these some time ago in the forlorn hope it would make me a "tidier" modeller, fat chance of that...I still have glue, paint and goodness knows what else all over the kitchen table!
    Well made non-the-less...

Steve