1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Winter War figures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Radek, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hi everybody. I'm new here and I would like to introduce my self a little bit at the beginning. So I'm 19, i'm from Poland and i'm a modeller for quite a while :) I would like to present my first figures ever made. Thet are finnish and soviet troopers from the Winter War. I've started them a couple of months ago. They need some modifications and corrections but they are mostly finnished. I used plastic and resin hands, and resin heads i think they are worriors's ones-my friend gave them to me, and i don't know for certain). So here they are (now I'll attach the photos of the Finns):
    A grenade thrower ready for action:)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

And a SMG gunner (this one has complete DML's arms, he will be holding german MP 18 or 28 commonly used by the Finnish troops):

[IMG]

[IMG]

I also include a home made Dshk 38 HMG on mount (the gun's a zvezda one, the whells and sadle are tamiya's and the rest is scratch built):
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    These two are going to be put on a diorama including also 3 soviet soldiers-photos soon. The finnish commandos will ambush the russian HMG team (they will be resting and observing the area from a trench-feeling absolutely safety-the ambush will be "The unpleasent suprise"and so is the upcoming diorama entitled):).
    Cheers
    Radek
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Very well done Radek. I like the poses and the subject matter is one that is rarely covered. I look forward to seeing your next step. Thanks for posting and "Welcome to the Planet"

Guy
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Radek, Nice job. It's great to see a modeller of your age doing historical figures, and of a subject that is little seen. This is a great site with a lot of talented and helpul miniaturists, welcome.~Gary
  4. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Thanks guys, I am very pleased that I could join this fine community here :) I hope I will improve my skils in sculpting figures. Now I would like to add some photos of an another figure I made some time ago-this one's the least finished. It's a soviet tropper beeing hit by a burst of rounds (I have to make a field cap for him, and some other tnings are to improve there). But no more words, here it goes:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The whole coat is going to be polished and then repainted. I picked up the wrong color for this coat.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Radek, Very nice. You will see improvement in each new project. I look forward to future work.~Gary
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Your work looks really promising Radek. I'm sure that you will get improve and reach some high standards. Keep up the good work and welcome to the planet.
  7. Evan August New Member

Great work there and welcome to the planet man. You are doing a great job so far, keep it up. I see you are 19, I just turned 20 myself, nice to see more people my age in the hobby.
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Nice figures and the HMG is great, too! I agree - glad to see someone covering a different period/front of the war. Very good sculpting! ;)

All the best,
    Dan
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I just aged 30 years ...........where's my cane? :( :lol: :lol: