1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Winter Lord by Nocturna

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Sinitic, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Sinitic New Member

United-States
    Hi Everyone,
    Some time ago, Nocturna Models released the Winter Lord mini bust. The bust has a very close resemblance to Eddard 'Ned' Stark from HBO's Game of Thrones television series. Game of Thrones has become a popular subject for fantasy miniatures (e.g., Dark Sword Miniatures, Nuts Planet). I am a fan of the television series and decided to pick up the bust to paint while I listen to the audiobooks.

Sean Bean as Eddard Stark
    Eddard Stark3.jpg

Winter Lord by Nocturna Models
    Winter Lord by Nocturna.jpg

Reference: WW01 Winter Lord

Scale: 1:18 (45 mm)

Material: Gray resin

Number of pieces: 2

The miniature comes in a sturdy plastic box with a painted reference on the front.
    IMG_0510.jpg

Parts come in a plastic bag.
    IMG_0515.jpg

Parts consist of main torso with head and hands holding swords.
    IMG_0517.jpg

Main body
    IMG_0536.jpg IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg IMG_0540.jpg

Face detail
    IMG_0568.jpg

Hands on swords
    IMG_0559.jpg IMG_0543.jpg

There is minimal cleanup and filling in the main body (mold line on back and some pin holes) and two small plugs to remove from the hands. The resin has a nice hard feel without being brittle. The detail in the face and hands is excellent.

Final thoughts: Finely detailed bust with excellent cast quality. Highly recommended for expanding a Game of Thrones miniature collection, or for the fantasy painter who wants to paint a smaller scale bust. I look forward to painting it up!

Thanks for reading,
    Sinitic

Other Nocturna products:
    http://nocturnamodels.com/
    balder, offo, oldtrousers and 7 others like this.
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you for this review; I didn't know this existed. I will have to add it to my stash
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Firstly a BIG WELCOME to PF

Thanks for the the review I have this its a nice piece of sculpting

Happy modelling

Nap
  4. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to PF. Thanks for the review.