1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wild Bill

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by chippy, Jan 13, 2015.

1. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    A quick updated . Added the flesh colours to the face and I'll stay with them pretty much as how they are , I might add the odd line here and there . I need to add the highlight in the eyes but this sort of detail I only do in daylight so tomorrow morning for that little touch . The hair needs a few more shadows and highlights but I'll wait until the oils dry back bit before hitting this area . The hat just needs the bradding tidying up a bit and then that's done . Now on to the clothing . For those of you who have not had a good laugh in a while tone in .
    Hi Steve nice to see you , a good suggestion . I imagine when he had some serious gunfighting to do he strapped on his holsters , surly there must have been a chance of the barrel snagging in a sash .
    Jimbo I only mentioned the horse because I wanted to see the Bunny caught in the headlights fear in your eyes mate ;);).
    chippy

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks well Chippy
  3. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Chippy............Looks very good...........googled images and you are right about the hat.....And it looks good.But that hat looks like it would take off like a Frisbee with a slight wind....Gotta think about that somemore.I have to think Bill had more in his wardrobe than one hat.Excellent job though..Love the balance of colors....I see yours and wanna get mine going.............keep up the good work............Regards...Wayne
  4. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Quote "Re the gun I believe it was probably a belly rig holster that the sash covered to keep up the "dandy" look Wild Bill favoured". Bit late to this one Chippy but it's looking very nice mate
    Steve .
    Steve I'm beginning to think this might have been a photographic pose as no matter what the set up the chances of the pistol catching on the sash on the draw would have been fatale to a gun fighter .
    Quote "googled images and you are right about the hat.....And it looks good.But that hat looks like it would take off like a Frisbee with a slight wind." Wayneb .Again I'm wondering If this might have been more a photographic prop . Photographers of that period had a whole range of props to enhance the sitters look . Or he only wore such a hat on Saturday nights out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .
    chippy
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well Chip.(y)
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Agree chippy...looked at the Google images again and most of them look posed......Wayne
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Chip . Following.(y)

Cheers Ken
  8. Jazz A Fixture

England
    I've always wanted this bust myself. You are doing a fine job of it. As you can see by my avatar I am the proud owner of the Jaguar bust of Wyatt Earp from the same series as yours.
  9. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice to hear from you Ken (y) . Jazz I could be tempted to have a go at that Earp Bust sometime in the near future , I didn't know it was made by Jaguar .
    Well I seem to have hit a bit a of a stumbling block . I'm trying to paint a fancy floral pattern on the waistcoat . I wanted to produce something like the waistcoat worn by the actor David Carradine in the TV series Deadwood . Just want to add a bit of design to basically a series of flat textures . So far I've had two attempts at it and I wasn't happy with either, this just maybe a bit to much for my skills . So only the shirt and bow tie completed so far .
    Anyway I've repainted the waistcoat, cracked my finger knuckles , flexed my muscles and ready to go again trying a simpler pattern , if that doesn't work out I think I'll revert to a tweed pattern .
    One small addition I've made is to add a screw to the pistol grip using a small screw from an old pair of glasses .

DSC_0088 (7).JPG DSC_0089 (3).JPG Deadwood - Pilot.jpg
    chippy
    Jazz likes this.
  10. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Cool looking piece Chippy!

Joe
  11. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Yes ,....looking good........Have been eyeballing my kit since this post.....Still tempted to add some height on that hat...even more so after looking at the pics you posted even though they are from a movie.........Keep er goin Chippy................Regards.....Wayne
  12. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Wow, that pattern on the waistcoat looks a bit too twirly really. Have a look at Google images of wild bill Hickok. You should see a photo of him with a waistcoat that has patterns of dots. Dots in a square with a central dot. Much easier than twirly things IMO. Sorry I can't paste the photo on as I am using a kindle at the moment and it won't let me. Also, it's Keith Carradine not David as you say.they are quite alike and are half brothers. I've got the series of Deadwood on DVD. Brilliant but lots of cussing. The Wyatt Earp bust is quite hard to get hold of now. I looked for years and found it second hand at a show. I was lucky that the owner agreed to sell it. It's a lovely bust and very lifelike to Wyatt, as is Wild Bill. I like the tiny screw on the pistol butt. Great idea. The bust is looking good so far. Keep it up Chippy.
  13. Jazz A Fixture

England
    wild+bill.jpg

Aha, I managed to download it after all. Hope this is some use to you Chippy mate.
  14. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Jazz........good pic......I think threre's an Earp bust on ebay right now....saw it a couple of days ago......I have both busts and both are of excellent quality.
    I bought both busts a couple of years ago and lost the right hand in the mess of a workshop...this is regarding the Hickok bust.Both pieces have the Jaguar box........And just last week I called the number on the box....not expecting much.........And low and behold I got an answer from an oriental speaking english and told her my situation....and low and behold again I recieved in the mail the missing hand........So I'm going to shoot you the info that was on the original box.......Tel....626-912-2212................Email.................www.merit-intl.com......................I think they are in California..U.S..........maybe of interest to others also...........Wayne
  15. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Joe . Jazz now you have upset me telling me the Earp bust is hard to get hold of , still there's always the 120 mm Verlinden full figure out there waiting ;);) . I know what you mean about the waistcoat being a bit to twirly but these gambler types seem to like their flowery waistcoats :rolleyes: . Wayne checked out ebay couldn't find one . Good to hear there's company's like Jaguar out there offering great customer service . Go for adding a bit of height to the hat but not to much as the fedora was quite a low hat , if you go for the normal cowboy hat style you will have to make the brim narrower and more oval as well , a lot more work .
    chippy
  16. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Chippy....It's still there......go to ebay and pop in BUST MODEL KIT EARP