1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Why is PF so slow

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by 1969, May 10, 2018.

1. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Nope never experienced any problems. Perhaps it's me that's slow and so PF seems OK.

GT
    Blind Pew likes this.
  2. Ronaldo A Fixture

Its the same here , seen freezes and slow to load .
    The site is old and probably needs to close for a revamp and update .
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for looking into it
    pwadm, definitely a lot quicker at the moment.

Steve
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Was quick when I got in from work, but now back to snail's pace......:confused:
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yep same here again, think I spoke a bit too soon on my previous post :(
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Working fine for me.

I haven't seen the slow performance you guys have reported, myself.

As an aside, this is why we need a separate forum for forum issues. This isn't a general figure item, it's a forum technical problem. That content deserves its own dedicated location.

Prost!
    Brad
  7. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    The first time this come up a few weeks back I didn't comment as I was having problems with my broadband and everything was slow . It has been sorted for well over Two weeks and everything is zooming along everything except for PF . It starts out OK but after a couple of threads it starts to slow down , clicking on thumb nails seems to be a waste of time now as it takes for ever for the pictures to come up and moving along the line it seems to stall for ages before moving to the next picture . Many times I give up which is a pity as many modellers have put a lot of effort into there models it would be nice to see their work .
    chippy
  8. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Are you guys Premium Members? It's been slow for me for many months now. I figured it was due either to my extreme lack of computer skills coupled with a 10 year old computer hopelessly cluttered with unnecessary who knows whatall, or possibly the fact that I'm too cheap to enroll as a Premium member.

I usually visit here 3 or 4 times a week because planetfigure is the most informative but other figure sites are lightning fast in comparison.
  9. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's been Ok for me in the main. I use opera web browser, not sure if that makes a difference.
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just to update the site seems to be running very smoothly today with no delays at all, fingers crossed (y)
  11. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Not for me in the Dominican Republic. As Chippy says the first page tends to open with acceptable speed but the subsequent pages take an age.
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Delays have returned :(
  13. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Was really quick earlier, but now sssslllllooooowwwww!:(
  14. Huw63 A Fixture

It seems to be performing pretty well for me at the moment.
  15. pwadm Administrator

Canada
    I am still working on this issue along with technicians from the hosting company where we keep our forum. We already went through a number of configurations options, but the reason for this intermittent slowdown hasn't been found. The website can be very fast and suddenly slow down with 20-30 seconds delay. I don't have an estimate at this point on when this will be fixed, as we are still investigating.
    Nap, Dan Morton, dArtagnan and 8 others like this.
  16. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Thanks pwadm (y)
  17. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good to know you are aware and doing something to resolve the problem (y)
  18. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for keeping us informed. Sounds insidious and very persistent.

All the best,
    Dan
  19. Huw63 A Fixture

I am getting sporadic performance issues today and when I look at my iPad or phone it seems that it has now disppeared from Tapatalk which is irritating.

Just FYI

Cheers

Huw
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's been very up and down today......had to cancel a few times when trying to post :mad: