1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Why is PF so slow

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by 1969, May 10, 2018.

1. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I know someone raised this a couple of weeks ago and quite a few people responded that they were having issues with how PF is running, it takes forever for pages to load and I am even experiencing pages just freezing when trying to load. It is getting very tedious, most days now I have a attempt at accessing the site but I am loosing the will to live waiting for it to respond.

I have tried to access the site using different browsers and it is the same on all of them.

Is there a tech issue with the site ?

Steve
    Mike S. and valiant like this.
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    I don’t know what is causing it but it is becoming the norm for me to select PF to open and then put my iPad down for a few minutes while it loads. I miss a lot of pictures too when they are thumbnails, very often I give up before the full picture loads as it takes so long. There doesn’t appear to be any logic to it as other times it loads normally.

It is the same in Safari or Chrome.
    1969 likes this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Been having the same problem here for a few days, hence the double post earlier today.
  4. mick3272 A Fixture

Me too. system like me knackered:D
    Mick
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Will contact Admin ref this perhaps he is working on the set up

Nap
    1969 likes this.
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Same here, guys - been like this for a couple of months....:(
  7. pwadm Administrator

Canada
    I changed some settings two days ago to address this issue, and I thought the problem is solved. I will look into this more...we are on the fast server, it is just a matter of optimizing some settings. Thanks for letting me know!
    Nap, valiant and 1969 like this.
  8. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    I agree. Mine has been bad for weeks. I too have changed web browser to see if that is the issue but there does not seem to be any difference whatever I use. Very frustrating.
  9. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    It has been the same for me.
    Gerald
  10. winfield Active Member

11. Jim Active Member

Slow as a migratory land tortoise...
    1969 likes this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England

Thanks for letting us know and for your time in looking into this all of us appreciate it

Nap
  13. Graham A Fixture

England
    Don’t know if anything has been changed but this morning it is working normally, never seen it this fast lol.
  14. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A definite improvement for me....thanks pwadm (y)
    Nap likes this.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    It still exist here.
    At work or at home, it is very slow.

Marc
  16. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Damn....back to square one.....dog slow again!!!
  17. hypertex Active Member

United-States
    Funny, I've never notice any slowness issues on PF.
  18. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Here too, unfortunately ...

[IMG]

Cheers
  19. pwadm Administrator

Canada
    The problem is intermittent and I am still working on finding a solution. Thank you all for your feedback, and patience...
    Nap, Blind Pew, 1969 and 1 other person like this.
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Thanks pwadm.....if it's any help....I have experienced anything between very slow and very quick response times today....and changing browsers or clearing caches etc. makes no difference.
    One thing I have noticed is that ...if I turn off wi fi and then turn it back on...the front page loads very quickly but....if I click on another heading it all slows to a crawl.

Regards

Ron
    Nap likes this.