1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

What would YOU do...?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martin Antonenko, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Dear Planeteers.

I urgent need some decision support!

A workshop employee has built with my car on a transfer trip a fat (drive-in) accident and is now in the hospital.

She is completely new there, has only begun on 1. August.
    She has now real feared about her probation time ...

I went to Mahndorf this afternoon and saw my car ....:

**Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl**

[IMG]

The thing was with its 22 years of tipptopp groomed, zero rust, no carrotteries, an engine without fault and a perfectly clean interior (never smoked in it!), no upholstery damage, etc etc.
    I did not really want to buy a new car in this life - and in a few years the thing would have got a classic car number plate and would have been virtually tax free.

This is how it looks now ...:

[IMG]

Fender left, front, bumper, hood, all screw connections and hinges are in the ass, as the Bajuwaren say.

Okay, sheet metal can be renewed and bucked - but it looks much worse under the hood:

Radiator, oil pan broken, engine bearing and carrier bent!

[IMG]

[IMG]

The whole engine has moved it 1.5 centimeters to the rear on the left side, he now sits obliquely in the car. Frame, track and steering linkage are also warped.

[IMG]

And that's just what you see at first sight.

The lady wanted to go punctually to the weekend and has properly held ...

Line below: Total damage! Repairing is possible, but only with immense effort!

So I am now offered two alternatives:

First:
    They are looking for an equivalent "Xedos V6", which - if I want him - have to be worked up, if there is something to work up and then put me in front of the door without any costs.

Secondly:
    I say "I love my car and want to have it repaired!"Then you would make the teeth crunchy - and I would not pay a dime!

So dear Planeteers!

How would you leave me in my place? Provided there is another "Xedos" found (which are really rare).

I really do not know it at the moment!

My naked murder lust against the employee, however, has now turned into compassion. She is now in the clinic, with a heavily humming skull (heavy wheezing) and worries about her future career. The crash she certainly did not intentionally built.

So - and now come up with your arguments !!!

Thank you!
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Martin

OMG What a mess ....lookng at it it looks bad enough but as you have spent so much time and money getting it into such a great condition before this ...

I would be inclined to seriously consider getting it repaired ...time yes but you will have the car you wanted

A dilemma for sure

Nap
  3. jai A Fixture

Italy
    Preventive repair?
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Unfortunately even with a decent repair it will never be the same and will succumb to rust .
    Only one way out ,get it repaired and sell :eek:
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    In all honesty scrap it, like Ron said it will never be the same
    Steve
  7. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Martin, I think the general consensus would be to put aside the emotional attachment,(If you can!) and think about what is involved here in actual costs of materials, labour and time. If it was insured, as we have to be in the UK, the insurance company would probably regard this as a write-off.
    Lady Luck has sown your path with the bowel movements of the devil's own incontinent herd.:(

Alan
  8. JonH Active Member

I'd send your employee a large bunch of flowers and a strong reassurance regarding her position at work.
    Jon
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Whos fault and how old is she?

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    And then kill her, having established an alibi, good plan :sneaky:
    Steve
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  11. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Take the money, do not get it repaired.

But keep the badge off the front grill and wrap it up for her as a leaving present and then sack her.
    Helm likes this.