1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Western Doctor

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sippog, Sep 20, 2017.

1. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    After a two year hiatus, I started painting again and have just about finished Ron Hinote's 'Western Doctor' that's been sitting half-done on my bench since 2015.

I'll take some better pictures when I have a chance.

WesternDoc.jpg
    stoffy01, anstontyke, MCPWilk and 5 others like this.
  2. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wippog, Ron Hinote of Little Generals fame! Great job on the kit btw. Thanks for sharing it!!!

Well recall Little Generals. I always liked the Wheat's Tiger Zouave amputee and the 114th Pa Collis Zouaves holding the canteen.

Note in passing. Recall my first meeting at the Atlanta Soldier Society club back on Aug 1980...Club is now known as The Atlanta Miniature Figure Society BTW. One of the members showed up with a Mead office fax paper box full of figures. One was a Little Generals, Chinese Officer from the 1920-30's and he was pulling a life chicken out of his tunic! The painter displaying these figures was non other than Ron Wehrman. If you ever want to talk figures, Ron, living in Naples, FL is your guy. He has painted them all and then some. Great guy too by the way! And sculptor, Ron Hinote, attended our show in Atlanta and created figures while sitting at his table. Good memories from a great bunch of folks The Atlanta Soldier Society, now Atlanta Miniature Figure Society.(y)
    anstontyke and KenBoyle like this.
  3. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the memories, bucsfan. And the compliment.

Yes, I've been a Ron Hinote fan for a good while and have quite a few of his kits still to build. If you search around here there's a whole thread about him and a PDF copy of his old figure catalogue. Never met him myself but we spoke on the phone a few times.
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm an idiot. I left off a piece of this vignette even though I'd painted it and had it ready. Will have to take some more photos
  5. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A very neat and charming piece ;) You know, that doc reminds me of one of the great old character actors, Paul Fix, often seen in the old westerns.

Alan
    anstontyke and sippog like this.
  6. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As you were, pictures including missing medicine bag
    westdoc2.jpg
    westdoc4.jpg
    anstontyke and OldTaff like this.
  7. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    rifleman61.jpg Sons Paul Fix.jpg

I see what you mean:facepalm: