1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique "Welcome The Dawn", Rorkes Drift 1879

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Eludia, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb work on the tunic, great reds.
    well done
    Eludia likes this.
  2. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A quick iPad pic of progress so far:

image.jpeg

And also thought I'd show off my latest present to myself (and it isn't even my birthday :))

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Erm, it's a box.....and I like it....a lot
  3. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hmmm, sideways photos :(

At least they turn the right way up when you click them.
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Bob, there's nothing wrong with a nice box. Boxes are good, they contain, and keep contained, nice things.:happy: It's always nice to open a box, and yours is very neat. So's the WIP.

Alan
    Huw63 and Eludia like this.
  5. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I painted and attached the spear (I think its called an Iklwa, named after the sucking sound it makes when you withdraw it from a body). As I also had some half decent daylight coming through my shed window, I took the opportunity to take some better photos.

I've still got his bayonet frog to paint and fit and also to attach the plate but he's almost there. A few touch ups and tweaks here and there and he'll be ready for the Christmas comp in a couple of weeks.

53-DSC_2018.JPG 54-DSC_2019.JPG 55-DSC_2020.JPG 56-DSC_2021.JPG 57-DSC_2022.JPG 58-DSC_2023.JPG

If you see anything that I've missed or needs some more work then please tell me and I can try and get it sorted before the comp. Thanks again for tuning in :)
    J.A.Hidalgo, marco55, DEL and 4 others like this.
  6. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That looks very good, and you've got him tied very nicely to the scenery.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Eludia likes this.
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Billy,
    It's been ages since I've looked at this thread. Very nice job mate from what I can see.(y) One very minor point, the metal cross bands on the ammunition boxes look silver, I may be wrong! these would have been copper mate.
    cheers
    Richie
    Eludia likes this.
  8. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Richie, I'll sort that out :)
  9. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Almost there, attached the bayonet frog tonight and undercoated it. I'll finish that off tomorrow then I'll probably call this one done. More than a week ahead of schedule, a first for me.

More crappy iPad pics in bad light. I'll hopefully get to see some daylight at the weekend then I'll take some better pics.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks again for tuning in guys, and if you spot anything I've missed..... (y)
    marco55, billyturnip and Scotty like this.
  10. Huw63 A Fixture

I've got this fellow in my grey army. Thanks for the blog.

Cheers

Huw
    Eludia likes this.
  11. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Huw, I hope you found my ramblings useful even if it's how not to do it ;)

It was an enjoyable project and I hope you have as much fun as I did when you get round to doing yours.
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Smashing job on this Billy. A beautifully painted and presented figure.
    Hope it does well, it deserves to.
    Cheers
    Derek
    Eludia likes this.
  13. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Del, it is an amazing model and is more or less built straight from the box. I just coloured it in ;)
  14. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom