1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wasteland warrior bust WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by taff edwards, Sep 20, 2014.

1. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys
    Doing some work on my Wasteland Warrior bust , as mentioned in Naps great review this is a cracking figure
    from War Griffon Miniatures. Very crisp casting super details and very very good sculpting .
    I have thought I would give him a bit of bling and and some celtic face painting ,well I had to being a Taff lol.
    It really is a dream to paint have dome some metal work buckles and plates ,using Humbrol metal cote and the Darkstar mins acrilic metallic paints , have used a red jewel and and green one .
    , perhaps you guys could give me some feed back as to which one ,although have not quite decided the colour of his clothing yet .
    No colour or highlights done on the eye yet and more high lights on the face tones and shadows ,loads of work to done on the leather which is very nicely textured and will lend itself to some very effective weathering
    Any feed back would be great
    Cheers Chris image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I will follow this! with interest! nice work on the Blue face paint! .. An interesting subject! (y)

Regards,

Mark
  3. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    looking good Chris (y)
  4. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    I don't care how much Woad you use, this is not going to look like Alex Salmon:woot:. Seriously though Chris, this is coming along nicely. I'm glad you put in the eyes, those first pics were giving me the creeps.
    Best wishes, Gary.
  5. Graham A Fixture

England
    Interesting take on this, really looking forward to seeing it develop.
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sorry mate.....but....dump the 'rhinestone'....looks like he is headed for a 'gay rights' bash :LOL:.....seriously.....it detracts from the face IMHO (n)
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Off to a good start. Very strong sculpt... looks like it would be really fun to paint. The cracked and worn leathers lend themselves to some heavy distressed leather effects. I look forward to seeing how you approach them.
    I'm afraid I'm not entirely sold on the gemstone either :unsure:

Following with interest

Colin
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    I think maybe a darker gem would work better but might be worth leaving that till the figure is painted up some more, looks well so far that aside
    Steve
  9. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi
    Guys thanks for the feed back really is appreciated , I agree I am not that sold on the gem stone , have done the eyes work on tunic , have to do lips to do the lips , more distressed worth to be done on the leather .Did some work on the metal work which is really well sculpted . Had a mess about with the hair lots to do with that ,really is an enjoyable bust to do .
    Paints used Vallegio Darkstar Metallic and Scale 75
    All feed back really appreciated
    Cheers Chris
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    garyhiggins and ChaosCossack like this.