1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wasmex Photos

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by FigureLover, Sep 15, 2014.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Well Wasmex is finished for another year, it was a great weekend with lots of great entries in all classes. I think numbers for Figures in general were down, especially in the Bust Category, but numbers overall were up, mainly in the AFV categories. Plenty of medallions were awarded to Planetfigure members which was great to see.
    Below are some of the entries in the Figure sections
    IMG_6515.JPG IMG_6516.JPG IMG_6517.JPG IMG_6518.JPG IMG_6520.JPG IMG_6522.JPG IMG_6523.JPG IMG_6524.JPG IMG_6530.JPG IMG_6531.JPG IMG_6532.JPG IMG_6534.JPG IMG_6535.JPG
    crf and NickM like this.
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Here are some of the entries in other sections
    IMG_6509.JPG IMG_6510.JPG IMG_6512.JPG IMG_6514.JPG IMG_6525.JPG IMG_6526.JPG IMG_6527.JPG IMG_6528.JPG IMG_6529.JPG
    crf likes this.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    And here are some pics from the club displays around the show
    IMG_6537.JPG IMG_6541.JPG IMG_6542.JPG IMG_6546.JPG IMG_6547.JPG IMG_6548.JPG IMG_6549.JPG IMG_6550.JPG IMG_6551.JPG IMG_6553.JPG IMG_6554.JPG
    crf likes this.
  4. MrBMB A Fixture

Very nice pics & models
    Looks to be a very high standard, wish I could travel the world taking pics at model shows
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    thanks for the pictures.
    Some nice figures on display.

Marc
  6. Mark S Guest

Thanks for the pics Ben, some great figures there.....some we've seen before.
    Who did the "Dark Times Ahead" ?,....it's a very nice looking piece.
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Mark,

"Dark Times Ahead" was a very deserving winner of the Large Scale Figures category, made by fellow Planeteer Nick Mulligan (NickM). The figure depicts a Polish Officer have a quiet smoke on the eve of WW2, and was a conversion from a German officer figure. The scenery on the base, including the wall and ceiling, and the exquisite details were truly wonderful.
    NickM and Mark S like this.
  8. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Some excellent work there!

Thanks for posting Ben.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  9. Mark S Guest

Thanks for that Tony,........well done Nick, that really is a beautiful piece, mate.
    And indeed all the figures are of a wonderful standard....well done all involved.
    NickM likes this.
  10. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Ta Mark, glad you liked him mate.
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Some great pieces in the photo's,how did your tommy do Tony ?
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    He came second in the busts category behind Ben Flood's awesome sepia toned RAF pilot with dog.

If I was going to come second to any bust, that's the one I didn't mind losing to.

Good luck at Euro mate.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  13. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I'm glad he did well for you tony it's a lovely piece of work,I won't be entering at euro this year mate as I'm only attending for 1 day this year but I'm still looking forward to the show as always and bagging some beauties
  14. swralph A Fixture

Some very nice models on show.Thanks for sharing.
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work.
    Congratulation on the awards.(y)