Waffen-SS Ardennes

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Frank Marcus, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Frank Marcus Member

One of the projects I'm currently working on: a Waffen-SS soldier during "Wacht am Rhein" (the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes, December
    1944). The last two photographs are the references I used.
    Material: stuff from the scrapbox, Miliput, Magic Sculpt, Green Stuff, lead foil and Evergreen. Scale: 1:16.
    I hope you like it and any comment will be most welcome as this is the first figure I make in this scale. Many thanks!

Waffen SS_Ardennen_03.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_04.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_05.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_06.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_07.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_08.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_09.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_10.JPG Waffen SS_Ardennen_11.JPG

Mike S., KenBoyle, WehrWolf and 3 others like this.
  2. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Nice one Frank,
    impressive that you made most of the figure from scratch. The pose looks somewhat stiff if you compare it with the picture of the soldier. I think that this is mostly related to the s-curve of the spine in a human body and to the keeping of the balance when the body weight rests on one leg while you are moving which results in another s-curve when in this case the left leg is placed at the bottom more towards the center of the body as it is bearing the full weight and the other s-curve comes from the angled position of the hip and shoulders (kind of contraposte-effect).
    Hope you get what I am trying to tell - otherwise sent a PM and we go ahead in German:D
    Cheers, Martin
    Frank Marcus likes this.
  3. Frank Marcus Member

Manu thanks for your comments, Martin. You made your point perfectly clear :). And you’re right: the pose might have been better. This is one of the things I still have to work on. There’s a lot for me to learn, there. Greets, Frank
    Martin64 likes this.
  4. Buddho Member

Wow. This is excellent work.
  5. Frank Marcus Member

Thanks, Buddho!