1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

W W I British RFC Squadron Leader - 1/32 (54mm) - Model Cellar

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ModelCellar, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ModelCellar A Fixture

The Model Cellar would like to announce our first new releases for 2017. The first is a WWI British RFC Squadron Leader searching the skies. Is he waiting and searching for the first glimpse of the returning Squadron? ...or is he seeing them off on what could be their last mission? - you decide. Sculpted by Mike Good, the figure is finely detailed as usual.

Kit particulars:
    WWI British RFC Squadron Leader
    item no: MC32023
    sculpted by: Mike Good
    Box art by: Tim Farrell
    scale: 1/32 (54mm)
    resin cast
    retail price $22.50

32026-1 (3).jpg 32026-3 (3).jpg 32026-4 (3).jpg

Hope you like it,
    Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com
    Manfred, Huw63, elanlane13 and 6 others like this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice figure but I am not sure about the title - 'RFC 'Squadron Leader' ? (1) Squadron Leader was a rank when the RAF formed in 1918 from the RFC and RNAS merging so it was never an RFC rank and (2) I don't think a Sergeant (see left arm) would command an entire squadron!!

MC do great figs (I have just about all of them in their pilot 1/32 range) but they really should get the title right in order to do the contents of the box justice.

Gary
    Huw63 likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull figure.

Marc
  4. ModelCellar A Fixture

...ok then... from this day forward he shall be called: "RFC guy looking up towards the sky" =))).
    Huw63 and valiant like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice looking figure going to be a great sculpt as with all of Mikes

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  6. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom

It's your product mate so call it what you like; I was only trying to be helpful in case you haven't had the boxes printed up yet. If you have then as you say, just make-up some stickers saying "RFC guy looking up towards the sky" and attach that.

I am aware of how good this range is and as I said, I have just about all of them in 1/32 and have just ordered the new 2 seater RFC crew only yesterday from SK Miniatures. I know however from personal experience and (ironically) praising your range to those I speak with in the hobby who build WNW and Roden 1/32 WW1 models (but unlike me don't also paint figures as a matter of course) that many of them like to pose 1/32 figures besides their plastic models but are not that familiar with your range; especially here in the UK anyway. As such, they may well ask if they casually came across them at shows etc . that if you can't even get the product title/historical facts on the box title right, how accurate is what's in the box?......and then simply pass them by without even looking at what's inside.

They would be missing a trick thinking like that but it's not much consolation if it loses you sales is it?

Sorry I bothered!

Gary
    Tecumsea likes this.
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'm sure Redcaps response was well meaning (and correct) and clearly the title was misleading. I'm not sure that the sarcastic response was warranted and did justice to the Model Cellar Range.
    Perhaps an apology is in order?

Keith
  8. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    As the responsible party for this figure, I intended him to be a "ranking" maintenance crewmen. Obviously, I did not make my intentions clear to Paul.

My intention was for him to go along with the two pilots also issued at the same time. They would all be looking up at a flight crew figure in the plane (any of a number of Wingnut Wings kits!). That figure will be a future project....

Sorry for the mixup.

Mike
    Tecumsea and valiant like this.
  9. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thanks for explaining Mike-I know Redcap is very disappointed with Paul's response, particularly as he is a Wingnuts devotee who has promoted the Model Cellar figures to a number of fellow aircraft modellers who hitherto were unaware of the range.

Keith
    Redcap likes this.
  10. ModelCellar A Fixture

Gary,
    Sorry if I put you off. It was somewhat of a joke, but yet at the same time half way serious too. After all, at this point then, he is just an RFC guy looking up? so, not sue what else to call him?? Maybe as Mike suggested I'll call him RFC Maintenance Sergeant
    regards,
    Paul
    Huw63, Tecumsea and valiant like this.
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

Great looking figure IMHO.

Cheers

Huw